Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me with wedding ideas PLEASE!! pic heavy edited

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM
  • 26 Replies

My fiance and I are getting married February 12, 2011.. My parents are paying for my wedding but I still want to bargin shop and I still want to help my parents out.. So I am buying things slowly and as time goes on.. Heres a little info about our wedding.. We are having a HUGE wedding.. We live in a small city and we know everyone here and are pretty mch related to everyone.. Both our families are very well known. And btw before my fiance and I ever met our dads knew eachother(and they went to school together but my dad(step dad) is a few years younger than his dad). Our colors are black, pink, and white.. I want to have ostrich feather and I REALLY want my bridesmaids bouquets to be black and pink(I'll post a picture of them).. My fiance and I are going to wear converse with the word bride and groom sewn into them in pink.. (I cannot wear heels haha) I want my wedding party table to be all white with a little bit of pink on it but not too much color.. I just dont want it to be ALL white.. I dont want my wedding to be traditional.. But I dont want it to be completely out there.. I am very laid back and like to be different.. Any pictures or ideas will be great I will post a few pictures that I have found that I really like..

And before any of yall think I'm trying to rub stuff in your face thats NOT what I'm trying to do.. My wedding will not be an OUTRAGEOUS priced wedding it might LOOK that way but it wont be.. My mom and I and my bridesmaid/maid of honor and their moms will be doing all the decorating and I am a budget person..

I like the two ostrich things on the left and right for the centerpieces(not at the wedding party table but for all the other tables) they will be long tables not round tables and I'll probably have like 4 on a table it just depends how long they are? And I would like pink tea candles on the table too.. Also my table covers will be black with pink candels but should I have white on the tables too?? Or what? O yea the chairs will be covered in black and tied in pink..

This would be how our wedding party would look but not as long and this one because its only going to be 12 people total at the wedding party table. So there will either be one tall one and 2 short ones or 2 long ones and 2 short ones.. with all white decor except I want a pink table runner in the center and I want the chairs to be tied in pink..

Here are some flowers I like

I like this but with ONLY black flowers

This is my bridesmaid dresses and my maid of honor will have the same dress just in black..
One-Shoulder Long Jersey Dress with Charmeuse Bust and Cascade Back

How could I decorate the ceremony? I would like to include the ostrich feathers for the ceremony too but IDK how.. I know I DO want flowers at my wedding and I dont want so much black at the wedding but I'm thinking about having white and pink flowers with a few black ostrich feathers sticking out?? Or something like that?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma_bear1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Ostrich feathers are really popular right now and they look great when done correctly! You seem like you have some great ideas - just run with them and you can make your day whatever you want it to be :) I am a wedding planner, so if you have any questions, just message me!

KBM99
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I havent seen any weddings around here with ostrich feathers.. But we live in a small town.. I know if I went to the bigger cities around here it would probably be at every wedding haha.. I'm still looking around because I kind of like those stick tree looking things.. I'll find a picture of those so I can post those too.. But I dont really know what else there is to do?? I just REALLY like the feathers.. Is it bad to not have flowers at the reception or how can I work flowers in it too?? I'm not good at decor but my maid of honors and bridesmaid are..

Quoting momma_bear1:

Ostrich feathers are really popular right now and they look great when done correctly! You seem like you have some great ideas - just run with them and you can make your day whatever you want it to be :) I am a wedding planner, so if you have any questions, just message me!

Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Thats my birthday!!!! :)

momma_bear1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:40 PM

white-wreath-centerpiece.jpg image by nichole55_photos
You can always use candles and incorporate the feathers this way.

I don't like this particular centerpiece, but you can easily incorporate flowers with the feathers.

I like this one more than the first, but I think it could still be better.

I am a Christian I love my husband I am the Momma to a wonderful little boy My Dad is my hero I kissed several frogs before God sent me my prince I love to travel I love to sing I love to read I am outspoken I believe everybody is somebody's hero I love chocolate I believe life is what you make of it so you better make it good I AM BLESSED!

momma_bear1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:42 PM

You can do the feather centerpieces with no flowers. I have seen that done and it is very elegant looking when done correctly.

KBM99
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:43 PM

The first center piece I'm thinking about doing that on our table instead of the BIG things.. And having the BIG things on all of the other tables.. Because I dont want the ceterpieces on the wedding party table to take all the attention.. If you know what I mean.. And I think I'll just stick to the ostrich without the flowers.. Because I'm not a big fan of those pictures.. It seems like TOO much.. Like kinda too busy if you know what I mean? I might put pink rose pedals around the vases or something?

Quoting momma_bear1:

white-wreath-centerpiece.jpg image by nichole55_photos
You can always use candles and incorporate the feathers this way.

I don't like this particular centerpiece, but you can easily incorporate flowers with the feathers.

I like this one more than the first, but I think it could still be better.

Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Here's some i like the chairs in these:

and these tables

Heres a cool centerpiece/decor piece the pink roses and black ostrich feathers

love these!

momma_bear1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:43 PM

This table setup is very elegant, and there are no flowers! You could always use pink linens in place of the black so it will incorporate all of your colors.

I am a Christian I love my husband I am the Momma to a wonderful little boy My Dad is my hero I kissed several frogs before God sent me my prince I love to travel I love to sing I love to read I am outspoken I believe everybody is somebody's hero I love chocolate I believe life is what you make of it so you better make it good I AM BLESSED!

momma_bear1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Here is a small centerpiece that would look great with pink flowers! I would not use the greenery though...I think it distracts!

KBM99
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I REALLY like this centerpiece just with pink or white roses.. Probably white because this one would be on the wedding party table.. And I wouldnt do the greenery..  

Quoting momma_bear1:

Here is a small centerpiece that would look great with pink flowers! I would not use the greenery though...I think it distracts!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)