• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dinner idea how to make this work?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

Ok so I have veggies and I have pasta I want to make some kind of dish with the 2. Im a vagetarain. Can I just add spegetti sauce to the top and bake it? Or do I need to cook the noodles then do it. I need ideas

Or if anyone knows anything I can do with zuccini, broccoli, coliflower and carrots?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

babies
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMarineLovesMe
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:21 PM

I actually make spaghetti w/zucchini and it's soooooo good.  I'll cut it up (so it looks like half moons lol) and lightly sautee them while the noodles cook, pour the sauce over them and then serve on the noodles. 

BlessedToBMommy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:26 PM

make a poor mans veggie lasagna, layer noodles, any shape, and then put layers of cheese and veggies in between, with the sauce, cheese on top and bake:)

trist22
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Sounds like you would like to do it Primevara style. You also do not need to use "red sauce" you could use Alfredo ( which is very easy to make and delicious! parmesan,  Heavy cream, garlic, butter, ).. Here is a SUPER easy recipe.. but if you would like more ( or a red sauce one) let me know..

1 lb. linguine, uncooked
1 pkg.  (10 oz.) baby spinach leaves
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1   yellow pepper, thinly sliced
1 jar (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
1 tub  (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Garden Vegetable 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp.  finely chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese

COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, adding spinach, peppers and mushrooms for the last 5 min. Drain in colander.

MEANWHILE, cook cream cheese and milk in same saucepan on low heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.

RETURN pasta mixture to pan. Add basil; mix lightly. Sprinkle with Parmesan.

Or an easy Spaghetti primavera:

2 cups cut-up fresh vegetables (bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli, carrots)
2 Tbsp.  oil
4 oz. spaghetti, cooked, drained (about 2 cups)
3/4 cup  spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup  Grated Parmesan Cheese

COOK and stir vegetables in hot oil in large skillet 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.

ADD spaghetti and spaghetti sauce. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.

ADD cheese, mix well...

mrs.phillips123
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:43 PM

would you just go away already, your replies arent even funny... just childish and trashy

Quoting MysticalRaven:

bend over stick it in your arse..shake your hips and pelvic thrust like you are your own lil blender then fart it out..goulash!

Wife to Matt and Momma 2 yr old Latham James and another little boy on the way, Lane Jason due in July! 

scaredoflabor
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Yep and this is the one reason I hate this group! if you dont get drama you gotta start it. Idk if you were trying to be funny or not but I dont get your humor! That was just stupid and uncalled for!

Thanks to the other 3 ladies who gave me good ideas Im pregnant and alfrado is sooo nasty right now. But ill be making one of these tonight! Thanks

Quoting MysticalRaven:

bend over stick it in your arse..shake your hips and pelvic thrust like you are your own lil blender then fart it out..goulash!

babies
mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 7:46 PM

I would boil the pasta,steam broccolli and cauliflower,put them in a caserole dish with a can of cream of mushroom soup,some shredded chedder(do you eat cheese?) and bake it at 350 for 25 minutes or so .

Stephanie808
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:51 PM

if you have cheese

fry the zuchini then layer it with cheese and pasta sauce and bake it

Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 7:54 PM

rolling on floor

Quoting scaredoflabor:

Ok so I have veggies and I have pasta I want to make some kind of dish with the 2. Im a vagetarain. Can I just add spegetti sauce to the top and bake it? Or do I need to cook the noodles then do it. I need ideas

Or if anyone knows anything I can do with zuccini, broccoli, coliflower and carrots?

scaredoflabor
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:34 PM

lol wow spelt that horribly wrong! is that why its funny? vegetarian* lol is that better?

Quoting Ajanee12:

rolling on floor

Quoting scaredoflabor:

Ok so I have veggies and I have pasta I want to make some kind of dish with the 2.Im a vagetarain. Can I just add spegetti sauce to the top and bake it? Or do I need to cook the noodles then do it. I need ideas

babies
Ashley728
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Quoting mrs.phillips123:

would you just go away already, your replies arent even funny... just childish and trashy

Quoting MysticalRaven:

Very childish...he/she has been trying to be "cute" all night...FAIL! Find a different hobby, dude :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)