Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will he EVER get potty trained???

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

My ds is 4 and he's STILL not potty trained!!! I'm starting to feel like a failure! I'm starting to picture him going to high school in diapers!! I need some words of encouragement.. he is NOT interested in the potty!!! Am I a bad parent??

by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
newmom28
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:36 PM

bump!!

mamaoftwins9197
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Good luck mama!!!  Some kids just take longer.  I'm beginning to think that about mine...they're not quite as old...2 and a half...but most of my friends' kids are potty trained...even the younger ones.  Just keep at it!  He'll get it!!!

CafeMom Tickers
lisajellybean
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Honey he will go when he is ready i just went threw it w my son i tried everything then honestly i gave up & a couple weeks later he started going on his own!

Stevensmomma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Don't worry and NO you're not a bad mommy at all!!!!!!!! All kids develop at different rates and he will be ready when he's ready... I would start slow and keep at it start a routine with him and he will learn it but you have to be consistent!!! Like every morning get up with him and put him on the potty then before and after every meal or when you notice him drink a lot, also before and after bath time and right before bed.... If you keep up with it eventually he will get the point and he will do it. I also am using the cool sensation pull ups with my son they seem to work a bit better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)