Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O brand name clothes post

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:28 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you rather have your kid(s) wear school uniforms or regular street clothes?

Options:

Uniform

Street clothes

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

The post about the mom who worried that she would be doing a disservice if she didn't buy them brand name clothes got me to thinking about school uniforms. Would you rather your child be able to wear normal street clothes and risk being teased if they aren't brand name or would you rather have a school uniform so they all wear the same thing?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I don't care one way or the other, but I would not be opposed to a uniform.

Jadegirl1819
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:29 PM

heck, I would like the uniform just so it is easier to get ready in the morninig.

lovinmyseabee09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:30 PM

i'd rather have my children in super cute clothes than clothes that take away their individuality.

MeandB
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I wouldn't care either way, kids will tease for anything, not just clothes

manda0424
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:32 PM

I had to wear uniforms in middle school. Let me tell you they were not flattering for me. Some girls stilll looked good, others not so good. Still got teased and made fun of and felt ugly. I would have much rather been able to wear something that made me feel good about myself! Then about 2 years later they got rid of mandatory uniforms! go figure.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Quoting lovinmyseabee09:

i'd rather have my children in super cute clothes than clothes that take away their individuality.

I am certainly not pro uniform but don't believe that clothing makes the individual, their thoughts do.

mamaoftwins9197
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:34 PM

I wasn't necessarily worried about it, just sharing the opinion of another mother.  I didn't really think it was a big deal.  Knowing that the world is full of people that will make fun of you for one reason or another, I will say that I would still prefer my kids to be able to wear their own normal "street" clothes.  I think kids are given such little opportunity to express who they are and clothes are one of the easiest ways to do so.  I do believe there should be a dress code and certain rules to follow, but I think kids should be allowed to express themselves.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)