Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you check your kids shoes?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:37 PM
  • 34 Replies

We went to a play place here called "Inflatable Wonderland"... it's a place with all the bounce houses... so they have lots of cubbies for shoes so my 2 older boys put both their shoes in the same little cubby and we went on our way playing for a few hours. We stayed till almost closing and I told my son to go get his shoes and after saying he didn't want to go, he got them... then yells "Mommy, my shoes are gone!".... I thought he just wanted to stay but then he says "NO Mommy, I put them in the green cubby and they are GONE!"... so I look and sure enough my 2 year old shoes are all alone in the cubby. We check around, I tell the desk and they look... no shoes!

So I left my name and number and a description of his shoes in case a parent calls or brings them back. I'm gonna assume a kid went to get his shoes, grabbed Logan's and left... but I mean... i always check my kids shoes, i think i'd notice if they were wearing someone else's shoes...

so do you check your kids to make sure they have THEIR shoes when you leave a play place where they had their shoes off???

by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlessedToBMommy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Thats nuts, even if they took the wrong pair thier pair should have been left, I'd be ticked! I always know what my kids are wearing!

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 7:39 PM

I never allow my kids to put them in the cubbies because of stolen shoes...there was one CRAPPY pair left when we went to leave...it was not a mistake.

I bring a big bag if we are going someplace like that and put all shoes in there.

smurfbitebug
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:39 PM

i check. we paid a lot for those shoes. i check every time.

iluvmypreemies
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:40 PM

I hold on to their shoes.

CarterMommy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:43 PM

yeah there was still a few people there and i saw a pair or 2 that were about the same size.... ugh i'm so irritated! 

Quoting BlessedToBMommy:

Thats nuts, even if they took the wrong pair thier pair should have been left, I'd be ticked! I always know what my kids are wearing!

CarterMommy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:45 PM

yeah i'm going to start making them put them in the stroller if i have it or the diaper bag

i don't think of it really cause people are usually pretty good out here, like you can leave all your stuff in your stroller at sea world and no one will touch it... ugh but yeah no more leaving shoes in cubbies!

Quoting SuperPickle:

I never allow my kids to put them in the cubbies because of stolen shoes...there was one CRAPPY pair left when we went to leave...it was not a mistake.

I bring a big bag if we are going someplace like that and put all shoes in there.

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on May. 2, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Aw, that sucks!! I always hold onto my kids shoes, just in case lol!

hollinicole
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I keep DD shoes with me just for that fact.

mamaoftwins9197
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I'm kind of paranoid about this, so I usually shove their shoes in my purse or diaper bag or something.  Hope you get his shoes back...what a PITA>

CafeMom Tickers
TheLastLetter
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Thats messed up. Someone just took your sons shoes and that is f'd up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)