Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when you sell stuff on ebay type sites what is your starting cost?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

I was thinking maybe like .01

here is what I have. some designer brands and some name brands. everything is at least 3 years old most 4 years old.  What would you start costs at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

I sometimes come off mean/rude, please don't be offended I really am trying to be nice.
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
reecenkaden
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:54 PM

If you have 10 or more pieces in the same size you'd do better selling them as a lot. I made $40-$70 a lot depending on name brand and amount of pieces. Most of what I sold was Childrens Place. I also depends on their condition. Gently used stuff can sell high or low, depends on who see's you.

ReachtotheStars
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:57 PM

they range from xs to large, but they essentially all fit the same size with the exception to my dh's shirt you see up there. 

The designer ones are from when I was modeling in HS they let you keep the clothes you wear.  I know a few sell new for over $100. 

Quoting reecenkaden:

If you have 10 or more pieces in the same size you'd do better selling them as a lot. I made $40-$70 a lot depending on name brand and amount of pieces. Most of what I sold was Childrens Place. I also depends on their condition. Gently used stuff can sell high or low, depends on who see's you.

I sometimes come off mean/rude, please don't be offended I really am trying to be nice.
ReachtotheStars
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:10 PM
shecallsmemom04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:11 PM

are they all kids clothes?  i really like the short sleeved blue shirt with the hood. 

will fight for animals

ReachtotheStars
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:13 PM

it is all jr clothing, so like would fit average women's size 0-4.  When I wore them my measurements were 34, 24, 34

Quoting shecallsmemom04:

are they all kids clothes?  i really like the short sleeved blue shirt with the hood. 

ReachtotheStars
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:14 PM

except the marvel shirt that is mens, was my dhs. 

Quoting ReachtotheStars:

it is all jr clothing, so like would fit average women's size 0-4.  When I wore them my measurements were 34, 24, 34

Quoting shecallsmemom04:

reecenkaden
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:18 PM

i've never sold anything about a girls sz 8. So I'm not sure. but usually adult/juniors clothing sells low. They'll know it's used so no one wants to spend an arm and a leg, I'd start out at a $1 and overcharge on shipping LOL.

Quoting ReachtotheStars:

they range from xs to large, but they essentially all fit the same size with the exception to my dh's shirt you see up there. 

The designer ones are from when I was modeling in HS they let you keep the clothes you wear.  I know a few sell new for over $100. 

Quoting reecenkaden:

jjessers
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Another thing you might want to do....make them look more appealing in the pictures. Don't use grass as a background...and take the wrinkles out of the clothes. The better the pictures look...the more you usually can get. Hope that didn't come out like they aren't good clothes...it's just that people are buying these things from appearance only :)

ReachtotheStars
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:23 PM

I thought about it, but it sounded like a lot of work.  lol Maybe I should re-do the pics. 

I have about 5-6 pictures of each item to make sure I got all the details. 

Quoting jjessers:

Another thing you might want to do....make them look more appealing in the pictures. Don't use grass as a background...and take the wrinkles out of the clothes. The better the pictures look...the more you usually can get. Hope that didn't come out like they aren't good clothes...it's just that people are buying these things from appearance only :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)