Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Embarrassing and scary day today. Little TMI (update)

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:58 PM
  • 39 Replies

I had to come home early from work today because I soaked through my clothes from my period. It just wouldn't stop. Since I've been home I went through 3 pads in an hour. I really don't know what is going on with me. This is not normal. I thought maybe it's the changes in diet and stuff I'm doing to lose weight. I'm not taking any pills or anything like that. Anyone else sometimes get heavy periods? I am scared because this is the first time this has happened. It is usually a little heavy but nothing like this. Embarrassing to tell a male supervisor why I had to leave. Well it was obvious.

Well that was a waste of time. They asked a bunch of  questions, drew blood and swabbed me. It wasn't too heavy at the time and seems fine now. But anyway they suggested I make an appointment with my dr tomorrow. So I plan to do that. They suspect possible fibroids. I guess we will see. Anyway thanks again for your concern. I will let you know what I find out when I find out.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegepunkstr
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:59 PM

I am pretty sure that if you soak more than one super pad an hour you should go to the ER.

siggy copy
vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
littlebit1980

you need to get to a hospital if you are soaking over 1 pad an hr you need to seek medical attention. you can pass out from blood loss.

canelamami

Quoting vegepunkstr:

I am pretty sure that if you soak more than one super pad an hour you should go to the ER.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
misunderstood1

((hugs)) i recently got my IUD removed and have been having awful bleeding since(like 3 days)..I have had periods 3 months apart for so long and now have to get back to once a month, and probably a lot heavier. 

Just relax tonight, I'm sure it'll be okay. Maybe its a fluke>?

LEY1307
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:00 PM

If you fill up an pad within an hour you need to go to the ER.

mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Just call your doc in the am.Might be fibroids.I wish you the best!

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 8:01 PM

That happened to me because of fibroids in my uterus. It also landed me in the hosptial to get 4 pints of blood put back in me because I was anemic and didnt know it.

I would go to the doctor as soon as possible. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

staceyjoy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I had horrible periods right after the births of my children. My doctor told me if I was soaking more than one pad an hour to get to the ER.

I think you better go that's  a lot of blood to lose that quickly.

Tea4Tas
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Keeep yourself well hydrated, and if you don't go  to the ER tonight, go to your DR in the mornng.

shortysashious2
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I would definitely go to the hospital...this is not normal at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)