• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever felt like...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:15 PM
  • 24 Replies

...you were going to die soon?

This is how I've felt for the last few days, I just have a feeling that I am going to die soon. I am not suicidal in any way, shape or form. It's just this feeling that came over me out of nowhere.

I was reading online that it could be depression or anxiety, but I really can't tell which one. I find myself crying for no reason, feeling fine one minute and crying the next. Sometimes I'l look at my daughter and just bawl my eyes out. 

There is no explanation for me feeling like this. I had a beautiful baby 2 months ago, my marriage is wonderful and over all I have a great life, but I can't help the feeling I have. I haven't told my husband, friends or family because I think they won't understand. Especially my husband, I know what he'll say "Just suck it up Amy". 

Just the other night I told him that I have a bad feeling about something and he was just like "Oh my God Amy, shut up already". 

I don't know what to do or who to talk to. I live on a military base and I can't find where I could talk to someone about my mental health. 

When I first had my daughter I had the baby blues for about 1 week and then they went away (don't know if this is relevant in any way) Then this week I just had the feeling that I was going to die soon and that's all I think about and it's scaring me. What could this be? Have any of you experienced anything like this? 

If any of you have had anxiety, does it sound anything like this?

Thank you all for listening :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charmgirl
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:17 PM

do you think you might have PPD?

Depression and anxiety sometimes go hand in hand. you should call your dr. and see what they think you should do.

amyjosh8687
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I thought PPD happened right after birth. I don't know. Can it go away and come back again? I don't know anything about PPD.

PitaPata Dog tickers

charmgirl
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:20 PM

i thought that ppd can happen pretty much anyyytime after the birth. let me look it up!

Quoting amyjosh8687:

I thought PPD happened right after birth. I don't know. Can it go away and come back again? I don't know anything about PPD.

charmgirl
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:22 PM

google health tells me that it can happen up to a year after the birth. do you have a dr. that you can call about that? i dont know how it works when you live on base.

amyjosh8687
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:23 PM

I was looking for a psychologist on base, but I can't find anything on that, so I guess I should just make an appointment with the regular doctor.

Quoting charmgirl:

google health tells me that it can happen up to a year after the birth. do you have a dr. that you can call about that? i dont know how it works when you live on base.

PitaPata Dog tickers

MrsNewman
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Talk to your OB about PPD

amyjosh8687
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:26 PM

BUMP!

nas2326
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Yeah it sounds like PPD or anxiety to me. I suffer for Post Traumatic Stress after I almost died after the birth of my daughter. I was always Scared I was going to die. I would go see a doctor and see if they can help you figure it out. Sorry you are going through this.

amyjosh8687
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:29 PM

hugs

PitaPata Dog tickers

s.t.e.p.h
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I would talk to your doctor about PPD.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)