Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when weaning from formula or breastmilk

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:27 PM
  • 15 Replies

did you go to milk, soy or the next step formula?

If it was milk, organic or normal?

how old were your children when you switched? (i know 12 months or older for milk or soy)

by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeandB
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:34 PM

BUMP!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 8:35 PM

We did regular milk (organic since it was covered back then) at a year old.  She still nursed as well but liked her cups of milk with table meals.  Now we are doing regular non organic milk and looks like she is doing well with it.  She is 4.

25beengoodtome
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:36 PM

I weaned from BF to drinking  skim milk from a cup. I let my babies "share" my cup of milk.

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
Army_Wife41
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:37 PM

12 months was when we weaned DS. But he was very very rady to wean..so it literally only took 3 days.

MeandB
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:38 PM

have you heard anything about the next step formula?

SpiritedTigress

My almost-2yr old is allergic to milk. We havent really tried giving it to her for about a year, so that doesnt have anything to do with my decision.
I'll be giving her breastmilk until either 1) I dry up, or 2) She say's she doesnt want it anymore.
Same with my 8 month old.

nemiller

my son weaned himself at 15 months.  i had decided i wouldn't switch him to milk until he was weaned.  so, once he had stopped nursing, i started offering cow's milk.  he actually didn't like it for a long time.  he'd see his dad drinking it and ask for some, but didn't start drinking it by choice until closer to 2.

jessasmamma

we went to soy milk, she loved it and never missed her formula (who would? lol) she had weaned from breastfeeding at around 3-4 months due to me having to take anti depressants.

celestegood
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 8:39 PM

My older three weaned to whole milk.  But my first was only weaned at one because of his feeding tube, and I had to go to formula(drs tricked me-I could have kept feeding him breastmilk).  My last son weaned himself at 2, and my youngest will wean when he's ready, even if that is at 5.  Yes, really, five.  I have always used the old don't offer, don't refuse thing.  When they are ready to give it up, you know.  My last son was easy. It's so good for them, why give it up so soon?

MeandB
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:48 PM

well my daughter weaned herself (both my kids are/were EBF) around 11.5 months, and we went to organic whole milk when she hit a year.... but we can't afford organic anymore and I'm worried about the normal milk for my son- he is 11 months and starting to wean already... but I don't know about switching to soy, and I dont really want to put him on the next step formula since we bypassed formula all together... so Idk what to do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)