• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION CAUSE I DONT UNDERSTAND.

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:30 PM
  • 15 Replies

I am not bashing. Im sure some will think I am but I am not. I have seen many posts on here saying people wont post pics of their family. Why? I just dont get it. Please dont be mean. Im just wondering. Thank you ladies.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 8:32 PM

I am just a private person.  I may post pics in my smaller private groups but not in large forums with 1000s of members and that anyone can access even if not a member of cafemom.

nas2326
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:33 PM

I post pictures of my family, because I am a photographer and love showing off my work, however I can totally see why people would not want to post pictures. It is a freaking world out there and anyone can take your pics and do whatever they want with them. I think it is a personal choice and there is no right or wrong. Everyone should be careful when it comes to their family though.

mimiandme
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Some people are private with their pictures, and do not want them on the Internet for all to see.

JMVITT
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:34 PM

I have my profile set to private but I have a few pics of my kids up there.  It used to be public but than I started getting strange people commenting on my kids....so I made it private.  I also haven't updated my profile in forever.  I do post pics of my kids in some posts that are more recent. 

lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 8:34 PM

I don't post pics of my family in public forms like this because there are some crazy women out there that like to take your pictures and pass them off as their own family.

I block my pictures from the public because there are some sick people out in this world who like to take other peoples pictures..

HeatherLynn
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:35 PM

they like to be private. If you think about it, anyone could be on this site, and you might not want everyone to be able to see your children, like wierdos and whatnot. And I'm sure some ppl might be in witness protection? Just a thought.

cowboygal
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 8:36 PM

We live in a town of 9000.  It is also where the state prison is. Dh works at said prison. He has been seen in public many times by former inmates. He does not want them to know our names and what we look like as a safety precaution.

Liyoness
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Quoting lil_Army_Wife05:

I don't post pics of my family in public forms like this because there are some crazy women out there that like to take your pictures and pass them off as their own family.

I block my pictures from the public because there are some sick people out in this world who like to take other peoples pictures..

This.

I used to have everything public, then my MIL stalked me here. She's that crazy person who took my pictures (of my kids) and passed them off as her own pictures (pretending like she took them- she'd pass them around to family members)..

Yeah, if your own family can do it to you, I don't want to know what a stranger will do.

25beengoodtome
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:39 PM

I won't because my camera & my computer aren't   cooperating.

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
mstricey
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I will post pics of my family on forums but my profile is private. I have had some psycho crazy bitch comment on my sons pic.. one of the comments said "He is so sexy, he can suck on my titties anytime"..I was pissed but couldn't do anything but erase the comment because its the internet and my profile was public to anyone who wanted to see it. So I will post pics if asked but no more public profiles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)