Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cat advice...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:40 PM
  • 7 Replies

We got a cat a couple months ago. We got her from the shelter and all the paperwork said that her previous owner brought her in because she was moving and couldnt keep her. Everyone said the cat was a sweetheart. She is very much a very loving cat, she just has one downfall that I want to get rid of before I have the baby in October. She doesn't use the litter box to pee in! She will poop in their fine but she pees on all of our furniture. Its starting to piss me off because our apartment is starting to smell horrible. I have to touch the couch before I sit down just to make sure it isn't wet. I have no idea how to break this nasty habit. It didnt start till about a month or so after we got her. Her litter box is clean so its not because of that. Anyone have any ideas on how to break her of this?

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
fryshannon34
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Have you had her checked to see if she has urinary tract infection?

Earthangel916
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:41 PM

I had this happen before, it ended up being that my cat had a urinary tract infection.

JesusFreak3345
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Bump, try doing some research here: petplace.com

25beengoodtome
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:46 PM

My cat was ignoring her litter box. One day I thought I'd try moving it out into our front room~ hidden behing a plant & some shelves. FANTASTIC! 100% clean! no more cleaning poo!

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
haileys-mama
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:52 PM

I would check for urinary tract infection first, and also, try moving locations of the litterbox, trying different litters.  my cat HATED our round litter box and peed on the clothes in my closet. (he would actually pull them off the hangers to pee on them) and once I changed the shape of the box and used a different litter, it all stopped.  Good luck, it is so annoying!

Stevensmomma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Well if you really want to get rid of her after trying all the suggestions stated above I would bring her back to the shelter that you got her from and they will find her another home.

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Quoting fryshannon34:

Have you had her checked to see if she has urinary tract infection?

I am your average everyday, former upstate NY'er, now living in TN....Harley riding ,crazy, old mom of 3 boys.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)