Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Foreclosure question

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

We are now 7 months behind.How soon until they start the paper work and you get the paper?How long does it usually take to be kicked out?I heard 1 -1 1/2 years.Just asking.Thanks.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
anetrnlov
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Not sure but here's a bump.

Mrs.AmandaD.
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Wow I had heard four months and that's what the mortgage co told me when I was behind too.

joheilismom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:16 PM

i just forclosed on my house in april 2010 and i hadnt paid the mortgage since august of 08. So yea i would say about 1 1/2 

Lilypie - (wN00)

momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Quoting joheilismom:

i just forclosed on my house in april 2010 and i hadnt paid the mortgage since august of 08. So yea i would say about 1 1/2 

Thanks! Sorry you lost your house.Did you have to go to court or anything about it?

jrsmama0906
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:20 PM

It really depends on the bank. We were six months behind and got an auction date that following month. Luckily we got a trial loan modification that month. We should find out soon if we get a permanent.

momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Quoting jrsmama0906:

It really depends on the bank. We were six months behind and got an auction date that following month. Luckily we got a trial loan modification that month. We should find out soon if we get a permanent.

GL!!!

joheilismom
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting joheilismom:

Thanks! Sorry you lost your house.Did you have to go to court or anything about it?

No i didnt have to go to court. I got the notice in the mail that there was going to be a hearing on such a date to determine weather they are going tp prceede with the forclosure. If i wanted to get a remodification or refinance then i would of had to go and let them know that i am trying to save the house and then they would postpone the forclosure for a few more months to give me time to do what i have to do to save the house. But in my case i didn't want to try and save it becouse i knew that they would not get my payments down to where we can afford it so we didnt have to go to the hearing. I just got a nother letter in the mail that said the hearing was held on such a date and the outcome was to continue the forclosure and set a date for resale.  The date was set for april but we had moved out in march.

Lilypie - (wN00)

prestonjohn
by on May. 3, 2010 at 5:53 AM

umm its about 3 months once you get the papers it takes about 30 days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)