Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy Mother In Law BatMan !!!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so I rent a house wich belongs to my inlaws but MIL stays here from time to time.....lately shes been here longer Bcuz they are planning on retiring here and I GET THAT.....its HER  "future" home (this house was bought as investment property at first)   so like I said shes been here a few months and went back to Cali for 2 wks to settle some business........well she just got home after her time away and what does she do???? She starts CLEANING for goodness sake....she hasnt even unpacked yet and shes all over the kitchen picking up (we just ate mind you so i didnt wash dishes yet)....uuugghh I love my MIL but sometimes she irritates me.....especially when she cleans after me....I mean we have 3 kids all under the age of 10 so a "spick n span" home is not gonna happen (and believe me i try) well anyways just wanted to vent

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
allurasmamma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:24 PM

As long as you are taking care of her house, then yeah, she should back off.

Are you all looking for a place now that she is retiring and moving in?

nemiller
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:25 PM

it only annoyed me when my MIL cleaned my kitchen (she helped my husband after i delivered our son) because she put everything away in the wrong place.  it took me over a month to find everything!  but if she knew how i did things and where everything went, she could clean as much as she wanted, lol.

allurasmamma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I don't have a MIL. Sometimes I wish I did and other's I am greatful.

jenpen426
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:27 PM

I wish my mother in law would clean up when they are here, but she just sits on the couch all day, until it's time to eat.  No help w/ dinner or dishes or anything. doesn't even clean up after herself anymore and it's only going to get worse, she just had knee replacement surgery.

dreamerinluv
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Oh her house is being cared for believe me....hubby even does his own yard work so they dont have to pay ass much in asociation fees (yard work is part of the fee in this neighborhood) and YES we are planning on finding our own place once my FIL says so.....but thats the thing FIL gave us an estimated date (wich is still a year away) but MIL actions make me feel like she wants us out now with all this coming and going....my hubby has spoken with his dad and the estimated date is the same.......so there lies my frustration......i should have listened when they said dont mix business with family....gggrrr

Quoting allurasmamma:

As long as you are taking care of her house, then yeah, she should back off.

Are you all looking for a place now that she is retiring and moving in?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)