Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

got a job at state farm.. Now what to wear??

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:24 PM
  • 12 Replies

I got a job at state farm.. Its just a part time job for now while I'm going to school.. Now I need to know what to wear? I'm not a heels person at all.. I HATE HEELS!! haha.. But what should I wear I go tomorrow at 4pm for training.. Thanks (:

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misunderstood1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:25 PM

dress pants, flats(i notice you hate heels, as do i, i am forever in flats), and a nice blouse?? do you have a blazer/sportcoat to wear over it? 

KBM99
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:26 PM

No but I'm in Texas its going to be extremely hot and I am 19 years old I dont want to dress to much older than my age either I forgot to add that haha.. BTW I have like NO dress pants that fit :(

would it be bad to wear my skinny jeans with black dress boots(flats lol) and a dressy shirt? Or could I wear a dress with my black boots?

Quoting misunderstood1:

dress pants, flats(i notice you hate heels, as do i, i am forever in flats), and a nice blouse?? do you have a blazer/sportcoat to wear over it? 

nemiller
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:27 PM

did you take notice of what everyone else was wearing when you were there?  i don't think a business suit and heels are necessary, but i'd think slacks or a skirt and a blouse would be appropriate.  heels aren't necessary, either.  you could wear flats instead.

joheilismom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:28 PM

dress business casual. a nice button down blouse and dress pants with flats.

KBM99
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM

I havent been to the place yet. I called ahead of time because my step dad was the one who told me about the job and he told me the guy said to call first.. I know I pretty much HAVE the job as long as I like it and want the job.. I'm a very fast learner and he says its pretty easy what I'll be doing.. I'm not trying to sound cocky or stuck up its just the guys dad told my step dad for me to call him and he knew I'd be calling..

Quoting nemiller:

did you take notice of what everyone else was wearing when you were there?  i don't think a business suit and heels are necessary, but i'd think slacks or a skirt and a blouse would be appropriate.  heels aren't necessary, either.  you could wear flats instead.

amayabrianna
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Quoting joheilismom:

dress business casual. a nice button down blouse and dress pants with flats.

Yep, kinda like this:

iampro-choice.gif picture by MUblinxBRIGHT.GIFbsm_duedecember.gifbsm_momtogirls.gif
joheilismom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:30 PM

By the way, even though it is hot inside the building im sure the air will be blasting and it will get cold. That was my dilema all the time. even when it was pure summer i had a jacket at my desk the whole time becouse it was so cold inside the building.

KBM99
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Quoting joheilismom:

By the way, even though it is hot inside the building im sure the air will be blasting and it will get cold. That was my dilema all the time. even when it was pure summer i had a jacket at my desk the whole time becouse it was so cold inside the building.

haha thank you.. I've never worked at a "desk" place before.. I've always been up on my feet always moving and going..

CallieLynsMommy

I would not wear jeans, at all. Dress business casual. Dress slacks, pencil skirts, nice blouses, and be sure to bring a sweater...it can get cold inside, no matter how hot it is outside!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi

nemiller

then i'd go with business casual.  you don't want to show up in jeans, but you don't need a suit.  i saw you also said you wanted to say age-appropriate, which is perfectly possible.  you don't have to wear bland colors and unflattering cuts.  just make sure you are covering everything that should be covered.  a-line skirts and a nice sweater or blouse.  slacks and an oxford shirt.  that sort of thing.  once you get there, you can gauge how everyone else dresses, but in an office environment, it's almost better to be dressier than necessary rather than under-dressed.

Quoting KBM99:

I havent been to the place yet. I called ahead of time because my step dad was the one who told me about the job and he told me the guy said to call first.. I know I pretty much HAVE the job as long as I like it and want the job.. I'm a very fast learner and he says its pretty easy what I'll be doing.. I'm not trying to sound cocky or stuck up its just the guys dad told my step dad for me to call him and he knew I'd be calling..

Quoting nemiller:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)