• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some opinions (medical question), PIOG **UPDATED WITH PICS***

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:40 PM
  • 13 Replies

A few days ago I saw a few red spots on my left arm. I thought it might be bug bites so didn't think anything more about it. Today I was itchy and checked the spot i was itching and OMG....I have these itchy red spots every where. It is on my arm, chest, stomach, back and a few on my legs.They just keep spreading like crazy.

Could this be an allergic reaction to something? if so, i know to take benadryl but I don't have any. Would claritin work the same?

I just took some pic...Don't mind the bra.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the group owner of the following groups:

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

If one or more of my groups are of interest to you please click on the link above and join today....see ya there

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1busymomma03
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:41 PM
Claritan may help, but it won't be the exact same as taking Benadryl. Do you have pictures of the spots?
amayabrianna
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Yeah go to the DR. It could be scabies or Chicken pox (even if you've had it before).

IlyssasMommy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Not a medical professional, so don't sue me.

Sounds like hives. Get some bendryl cream and take some benadryl. If it doesn't go away in the next day or so, go to an Urgent care. You may need a shot to get rid of them.

amayabrianna
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Quoting IlyssasMommy:

Not a medical professional, so don't sue me.

Sounds like hives. Get some bendryl cream and take some benadryl. If it doesn't go away in the next day or so, go to an Urgent care. You may need a shot to get rid of them.

Oh yeah, didn't think about hives. Or maybe poison ivy or oak or something.

iampro-choice.gif picture by MUblinxBRIGHT.GIFbsm_duedecember.gifbsm_momtogirls.gif
HeartofGold
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I updated with pics...

I just took a claritin so I probably cannot take a benadryl until tomorrow :(.

I will go to the store and get some stuff.

1busymomma03
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:18 PM

I'm pretty sure you can take Claritin and Benadryl in the same day. I do when my allergies are bad, but I take the Claritin in the morning and Benadryl at night. My kids also take Zyrtec in the morning and Benadryl at night. Their allergist told me to give it to them like this, so it must be safe. LOL

But, I'm not really sure those pics look like hives.. I think they look more like chicken pox really.

Quoting HeartofGold:

I updated with pics...

I just took a claritin so I probably cannot take a benadryl until tomorrow :(.

I will go to the store and get some stuff.

HeartofGold
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 11:27 PM

I will get some benadryl and take it tonight. I will probably need to go to the dr tomorrow.

1busymomma03
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I would definitely go tomorrow. Did the Claritin you took seem to help any?

Quoting HeartofGold:

I will get some benadryl and take it tonight. I will probably need to go to the dr tomorrow.

IlyssasMommy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:29 PM

After seeing the pictures, I think it looks more like scabies, possibly poison ivy though. Hives are usually more raised.

Amy0481
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Are you the only one in the house affected?  Scabies, chiggers, and bedbugs would likely affect the whole house, not just you, since Ibelieve scabies and chiggers are transmitted by person-to-person contact and bedbugs can spread to everything in the house.  

Actually, they look a bit like flea bites.  If there is a critter that sleeps exclusively with you, that might explain why nobody else in the house has it.

I agree with others that it's either a pox or hives.  If you've had chicken pox before, it could be shingles, but I hear shingles are extremely painful, not just itchy.  I don't know what they look like.

Disagree on the poison ivy or oak.  I don't think either would present in such neat little dots.  Whenever DH is plagued with poison ivy, it's in haphazard, blistering clusters.

Good luck.  Please let us know what you learn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)