Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is there something wrong with me?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:52 PM
  • 13 Replies

i just feel like...a ding dong or something...i was going to the university in my city for a while and i made some friends or so i thought, but i took some time off to have my DD and take care of her at home and have now decided to go to culinary school instead [yay me!]  but every time i try to talk to any of these people...they blow me off. Say theyre too busy with school and have to study but then that weekend they'll like post how awesome of a time they had at like bowling...or the movies or something. I feel like an immature kid but it makes me sad for lack of a better word. I thought I had made some real friends and since i've been out of school I havent seen them once (Since December 2008)

Sorry, i probably sound like a whiney kid...i just needed to get that off my chest.

am i just crazy or something? lol

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allurasmamma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I don't have any but if I did. I would just call them and ask to do something. And if they still don't want to do something. Then I would either ask them if they hate me. Or forget all about them and make new friends in my new school. 

kk_bella
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM
Is this your first baby? That happens a lot, especially if you are college aged. You need to make some new mommy friends :)
loves_her_baby
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Quoting kk_bella:

Is this your first baby? That happens a lot, especially if you are college aged. You need to make some new mommy friends :)

Yeah it is actually...I joined this meet up group thingo with all these mommies but they all meet at times where my DH is at work and i cant drive nor do i have a car...so that went out the window...lol

mommatbot
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Totally agree with kk.

Plus, you haven't seen them since 08?? That's a long time to be out of touch! Maybe they feel extra awkward.

Quoting kk_bella:

loves_her_baby
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Quoting allurasmamma:

I don't have any but if I did. I would just call them and ask to do something. And if they still don't want to do something. Then I would either ask them if they hate me. Or forget all about them and make new friends in my new school. 

Yeah...i tried that. they just dont answer my calls...texts...or messages. I even said i would go up to the school so we could all have lunch together =/

Trishintraining
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Ya, you kind of lose most of your childless friends when you have a kid.. then one of them gets pregnant and you've regained a buddy ;)

It's too hard for them to relate to you at this, I'd say. I remember feeling like.. why are all of my friends leaving me?! It was hard. But you make new friends, either with kids, or who don't care you have a kid. Luck!

loves_her_baby
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Quoting mommatbot:

Totally agree with kk.

Plus, you haven't seen them since 08?? That's a long time to be out of touch! Maybe they feel extra awkward.

Quoting kk_bella:

We talked up until like June 09? I would invite them over all the time...and they would like ask to see my DD and i would tell them i'm coming up to the school to see them but none of them would message me back or anything. I even tried going without my DD in case it was just because they didnt want to be around the baby or something?? and that didnt help

loves_her_baby
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Quoting Trishintraining:

Ya, you kind of lose most of your childless friends when you have a kid.. then one of them gets pregnant and you've regained a buddy ;)

It's too hard for them to relate to you at this, I'd say. I remember feeling like.. why are all of my friends leaving me?! It was hard. But you make new friends, either with kids, or who don't care you have a kid. Luck!

LOL. i like the way you put that. lol

my gay neighbor seems to like us. lol. =)

lovemylittle1
by Hollywood ♥ Dream on May. 2, 2010 at 10:00 PM

That happened to me as well. Now that I am back in school, there are people I talk to everyday Im there, but I never get invited anywhere because Im a parent.

It sucks, but I gets better.

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on May. 2, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Quoting kk_bella:

I agree with this.  You need to make new friends.  A lot of times "kids" don't want to have friends that have kids.

Click above to join in.  You too could win a trophy and have fun doing it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)