• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh I don't know if I can do this all summer..!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

This is our forecast right now... I live on the 3rd floor and humidity is at 97% 

it is AWFUL!  I have the AC on in my bedroom because I can't sleep in the heat but the rest of the house is an oven.  What can I do to cool it down?  I really can't afford to buy another air conditioner right now.

Light Rain
Feels Like:
79 °F
Barometer:
29.83 in and steady
Humidity:
97 %
Visibility:
9 mi
Dewpoint:
73 °F
Wind:
W 5 mph
Sunrise:
6:04 AM
Sunset:
8:02 PM

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
college.mom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:06 PM

use a fan to cycle the cold air around the apartment

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 10:10 PM

There are a few fans under 50 bucks that actually cool down the area by 10-20 degrees.  Also is it a house or an apartment?  If it is an apartment, use fans to help the cool air move around.  Where do you live?   79 doesnt seem hot to me but the humidity always kills my breathing.

smarshy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Lol, this is why we moved out of the mid west. I can handle heat, but NOT humidity. Ugh. It sucks to have to run air conditioners when it is only in the 70's. I feel your pain.

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 10:15 PM

I am in PA and the humidity here is ALWAYS terrible in the summer.  I do live in an apartment.  DH said we are going to buy a few box fans on Friday when he gets paid but I am really concerned about having them because of my 1yo.  I have no doubt that he would stick little fingers in there. And my 2yo would probably shove toys in it lol

i.heart.rachel
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Oh man. Get some fans and stuff! We are on the second floor and our central air is on almost constantly, already!

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 10:19 PM

yea DH said we are going to but fans Friday.  I am just REALLY nervous about little fingers.

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

Oh man. Get some fans and stuff! We are on the second floor and our central air is on almost constantly, already!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Quoting MommySwiggles:

I am in PA and the humidity here is ALWAYS terrible in the summer.  I do live in an apartment.  DH said we are going to buy a few box fans on Friday when he gets paid but I am really concerned about having them because of my 1yo.  I have no doubt that he would stick little fingers in there. And my 2yo would probably shove toys in it

For Little ones, you need to teach them not to touch the fan.  Most box fans now kids cant get their fingers into the grate is so small.    We have a stand fan as well that used to move around so it wasnt stuck in one place.

Mrs.AmandaD.
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 10:23 PM

I'm sorry but I know how you feel.  My ac is out and I think my house is about 90 degrees.  I don't want to buy fans cause I'm getting the ac fixed friday.  I can't freaking wait!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)