• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lazy good for nothing parents! ~VENT~

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm SO sick of LAZY good for NOTHING parents!  I mean how hard is it to watch your kid at a playground?!  I mean I don't care if you are just sitting there but you should atleast know when your kid is shoving other kids down a twisty tube slide or knocking them down for no good reason.  We went to Burger King tonight, we dont' normally do this but its time to go grocery shopping but it was too close to dinner time so whatever we go to Burger King.  Ds LOVES to go there cause he wants to slide, we make sure he eats about all of his food before he gets to play and by then we have finished too so we can watch him play.  There were like 9 other kids there with a total of 5 other parents and we were the ONLY ones watching the kids.  One mother kept losing her 12mo old(atleast) and at one point the 12mo old was UP INSIDE the play tubes getting knocked around by the 2 demon spawn that were beating up on the other kids.  One was shoving kids down the slide or shoving them away(blocking it) and the other one was just knocking kids into the walls or just down as he was 'fighting' with the other boy.  Their parents just sat there shoving food into their mouths, I dont even think they bought their kids any food, I'm pretty sure as soon as they walked in the kids went to play and the parents started eating. We had to leave for fear that ds would have gotten hurt cause they hit and then shoved ds plus 2 other kids down the slide at once and ds was screaming and crying, dh was pissed he yelled at them telling them that they needed to get off their @$$ and watch their own kids,

Sorry I just really needed to vent

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
EsmeVincent
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:13 PM

and I know that BK isn't exactly what we should be eating while on our diet BUT dh REALLY wanted to go there so WTH why not

nemiller
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:14 PM

hey now!  i've taken my son to indoor play places where you're supposed to be milling around but they don't really want the parents IN the play structure.  i've "lost" my son for 5 or 10 minutes, but i knew he was up there somewhere.  does that make me lazy and good for nothing?  i think not.

but i do pay attention to what my son is doing and if he's playing, i'm wandering around so i can keep him from leaving.  if there are bullies, i find something else for him to do.  he's not a bully, so i'm not too worried about that, but i remind him to be gentle with the other kids.

hautemama83
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Good for your DH, I would have done the same. I have to say, honestly, parents that allow their kids to go nuts in places like that, or anywhere there are other children, flat out piss me off.

EsmeVincent
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:20 PM

oh no I just thought that it was funny that he got up there so easy, ds even has a hard time and he's big for his age.  When we took ds to chuck e cheese we lost ds up in the tubes for like 20 minutes,I was FREAKING out...I was SO relieved when he FINALLY came out of the tube....that was in Feb(it was our special vday thing)

Quoting nemiller:

hey now!  i've taken my son to indoor play places where you're supposed to be milling around but they don't really want the parents IN the play structure.  i've "lost" my son for 5 or 10 minutes, but i knew he was up there somewhere.  does that make me lazy and good for nothing?  i think not.

but i do pay attention to what my son is doing and if he's playing, i'm wandering around so i can keep him from leaving.  if there are bullies, i find something else for him to do.  he's not a bully, so i'm not too worried about that, but i remind him to be gentle with the other kids.

EsmeVincent
by on May. 3, 2010 at 10:28 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)