Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone had problems with the recalled tylenol/motrin?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:43 PM
  • 13 Replies

I just heard about this recall this morning,I've been BUSY. I've been giving my 8 month old this recalled Motrin for almost 2 weeks now,and she has been a total crabass.I mean crying all day long non stop,acting exhausted all the time,I've been losing my damn mind.I thought it was just the teething was really hurting her but now I'm a little worried. Has anyone else had any problems?

MOMMY TO 4
SWEET LITTLE HEATHENS:)

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heatherlee88
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:46 PM

I didnt even know there was a recall...

slm047
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Nope, haven't had any.

The things I've read online though says their really hasn't been any "bad" effects but there are too much of certain ingredients that aren't even necessary.

I hope your daughter is cool!

momof41981115
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:55 PM

I'm hoping all this crabbines was just because the motrin wasn't working and not because it was hurting her.

minimom11107
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:56 PM

What was recalled?

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Crazy Chris on May. 2, 2010 at 10:57 PM

I have heard that and that it may not have ENOUGH or TO MUCH of the active ingredient. So her extra crying may be because it is not helping. Try buying the generic Motrin or Tylenol. It has not been recalled.

Quoting slm047:

Nope, haven't had any.

The things I've read online though says their really hasn't been any "bad" effects but there are too much of certain ingredients that aren't even necessary.

I hope your daughter is cool!

betsyabel
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 10:57 PM

My 9 year old took the Motrin for 3 days a couple weeks ago due to a bad ear infection.  It worked, and no side effects. It is one of the recalled bottles, but like I said, no problems from it.

Keila8
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Her fever didn't go down- I had to get a difrnt brand. She was fine tho

momof41981115
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Quoting minimom11107:

What was recalled?

http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/new_recall.inc

MOMMY TO 4
SWEET LITTLE HEATHENS:)

kristy0833
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:10 PM

my son has fever issues and has been taken the recalled motrin for for over 6 months a few times everyday and he has had no bad side effects from it.. they did say whatever the issue was wasnt enuff to hurt kids.. its a VOLUNTARY recall... i threw out 9 bottles at my house and 2 at my MILS and 4 at my moms of the recalled meds.. its motrin, tylenol, benadryl, and zertec

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)