Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Saphris???

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:47 PM
  • 1 Replies

I am bipolar, among other things. A couple of months ago, my psych switched me off of Abilify and onto Saphris for my mood stabilzer. Well, after a few days of taking Saphris, I just stopped taking it. It made me very dizzy and disoriented and I just didn't like it. So, I called my Dr and scheduled another apt. She gave me a smaller dose of Saphris and gave me some samples. She also wrote me a rx for when I ran out of the samples. Well, I ran out of the samples about a week and a half ago. So I went to get  my rx's filled and I went to like 5 diff pharmacies in my town, and NOBODY carries Saphris here. I made another apt and could not be seen until May 7th. Which is bad. That means I will be without my meds for a little over a week.

Yesterday I had a breakdown. I was home alone and to the point where I felt hopeless and had nothing to live for. Don't worry, I obviously didn't  do anything stupid because I am posting this today. I had a friend come over and sit with me for a while.

Anyways, we found a pharmacy about an hour and a half away that carried my medications. And they were 24 hr! So we drove out there last night and got them filled. I took my meds this morning. About an hour after taking my meds, I was on my way to the store to get my son some meds because he was not feeling well. On the way to the store, I started feeling super tired. I had to pull over because I thought I was going to fall asleep. Then, when I finally made it to the store, I was in line checking out and almost blacked out at the register! I finally made it home from a supposed to be 15-20 min trip in about 2 hours.

Has anybody ever taken Saphris and had a reaction like this?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
omgwthidk
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:52 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)