Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well...that was a giant mommy fail

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

I was in hyper clean and organize everything mode the other day and I decided, for some wild reason, to convert my son's crib into a daybed. I guess I just got tired of the crib....and he's sleeping in a toddler bed at my ex's house any way (not sure how it's going but it's going). So I took the railings off. And then since I have to throw everything away, I threw away the pieces to put it back together.

Tonight marks the third night he's been in the daybed. It's not going well. Tonight he finally learned that when he gets out of bed, he stays in the bedroom. I guess I have two more nights before he just gives up and decides not to get out of bed.

I never had this problem with my daughter because she was over 2 when we put her in a big girl bed and she went straight to a full sized bed, didn't have trouble keeping her in there.

Lawd help me, why did I do this???

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SugarGuru
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:59 PM

because you know he can do it......just be tough on him

PhotoMama88
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:00 PM

HUGS!

My 20 month old get out of bed as soon as he wakes up & comes in my room yelling "I neeed milk" lol My 4 year old it took ALOT of time for him to learn to stay in his room. He was scared of the monsters lol

Lori_G4
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:00 PM

LOL My oldest ds started climbing out of his crib at 15 months, so we had no choice but to move him into his big boy bed. It did not go well AT ALL. I feel your pain. I remember those nights VERY vividly. It will get better though. GL!

Sarah246
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Quoting SugarGuru:

kk_bella
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Quoting SugarGuru:

Ugh! You know you're right. I baby him way too much. My friends and family always make comments about how much of a mama's boy he is. Maybe that's why I did it. LOL

I *think* he has given up for the night, if he's not asleep he's at least staying in bed.

We'll see how tomorrow night goes!

kk_bella
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Quoting Lori_G4:

LOL My oldest ds started climbing out of his crib at 15 months, so we had no choice but to move him into his big boy bed. It did not go well AT ALL. I feel your pain. I remember those nights VERY vividly. It will get better though. GL!

At least someone did it earlier than me. He was climbing out of his crib so that was an issue. He's 18 months.

RmeWifey01
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:24 PM

You THREW the pieces away? If you ever decide on another baby you will need to buy another crib.

*As for him staying in his room, put a baby gate in the door if you can't keep it shut. He will get it, then he will love it. He'll be ok.

JakobsMommy127
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:26 PM

My oldest was in a big boy bed at 15 months because we brought home a new baby!!

saralouise
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Quoting kk_bella:

Quoting Lori_G4:

At least someone did it earlier than me. He was climbing out of his crib so that was an issue. He's 18 months.

My middle child was in a toddler bed at 12 months. he never fought it and did great from the start. I just switched my youngest that is 19 months about a month ago. he fought it for a couple nights but now does well. He does tend to sleep with me when he is sick though. My oldest coslept with me til he was about 2 and then he went to a toddler bed and it was a rough week or two switching him to that.

kk_bella
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Quoting RmeWifey01:

You THREW the pieces away? If you ever decide on another baby you will need to buy another crib.

*As for him staying in his room, put a baby gate in the door if you can't keep it shut. He will get it, then he will love it. He'll be ok.

Pfffft. LOL No more babies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)