Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

could this have been a miscarriage? TMI

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

THERE IS TMI IN THIS POST! I AM ASKING FOR HELP AND PLEASE NO BASHING!! thank you

so i was having all kinds of pregnancy symptoms. i took 2 tests and they came back negative. i went to my gyno a 3 weeks ago for a pap and she never said anything about me being pregnant (i would have only been a couple weeks). started my monthly on the 26th and went all week. i have pretty bad cramps and was passing clots. one of them looked like meat. my husband thinks it may have been a m/c (his ex had one and it was the way i was describing). do you think thats possible? am i supposed to go to the dr now and make sure everything was passed? i dunno what to do. please help me and no bashing! im really lost and have nobody to talk to.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mrs.sgt
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:22 PM

It could have been, do you normally have clots with your period?  I used to get them all the time with mine.  If you do, I'd probably lean toward, no it's just a bad period, but if you don't it might have been a m/c.  Did your doctor do blood work at all?

SugarGuru
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:22 PM

if it was a m/c.....it was probably a chemical pregnancy (no actual zygote or anything) and your body's hormones are in high gear.......so you're passing more than usual....

you wouldn't have been very far along, therefore the doctor's wouldn't have had anything to really "clean up" as it seems your body passed it

but the bleeding you're describing can be a symptom of endometriosis....i'd call just to be safe...

slm047
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:24 PM

bump.

SThompson21
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:26 PM

my clots have never been like this and the one that scared me the most wasnt clotty looking. it was more....it was just different. i cant explain it.  i was changing tampons every hour and if i didnt i was bleeding through. what is a chemical pregnancy?  no my dr didnt do bloodwork. i asked them to but they didnt feel it was neccessary

futureshock
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 11:26 PM

How long had it been since the period before this one?  If you haven't missed any periods then no, you probably didn't see any products of conception.  The embryo would have been less than half of a millimeter in size, which is barely visible.

http://www.visembryo.com/baby/7.html

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 11:29 PM

i had a m/c years ago and it was so painful i couldn't move and the blood was crazy, passing large clots. it doesn't sound like a m/c if you didn't miss a period and didn't seem to be in that much pain. but i'm not a doctor obviously, so idk.

futureshock
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Quoting SugarGuru:

if it was a m/c.....it was probably a chemical pregnancy (no actual zygote or anything) and your body's hormones are in high gear.......so you're passing more than usual....

you wouldn't have been very far along, therefore the doctor's wouldn't have had anything to really "clean up" as it seems your body passed it

but the bleeding you're describing can be a symptom of endometriosis....i'd call just to be safe...

I realize there may be different definitions of "chemical pregnancy", but in the one with which I am most familiar, there is an actual embryo:

Quote:

Chemical pregnancies are unfortunately very common. 50 to 60% of first pregnancies end in miscarriage very early in pregnancy. Most occur without the woman even knowing that she was pregnant.

What Causes a Chemical Pregnancy Most chemical pregnancies are due to chromosomal problems in the developing fetus. Other possible causes are inadequate uterine lining, uterine abnormalities both congenital or acquired like fibroids, low hormone levels, luteal phase defect or certain infections.

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/chemical-pregnancy.html

SThompson21
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:42 PM

thanks ladies. i think i am going to call it a crazy period...just because i really want a baby right now but its not a good time for us. it makes me really sad to think i lost one even if i didnt know i was pregnant. since i didnt get a + on a test i dont know for sure if i was or not.  thank you for your help!

sharisse
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:45 PM

i just recently had a chemical pregnancy... & i had your symptoms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)