Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid Americans

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:22 PM
  • 36 Replies

Seriously... the Amazing Race needs to be cancelled. I'm embarrassed for every American when I watch that show. No wonder some foreigners think Americans are stupid!

For those of you who are not "cultured"...

1) It is not OK to get pissed at a Chinese Cab driver because he doesn't understand English.

2) Spanish is not a universal language! In other words, just because you know the Spanish word for "yes" does not mean you can roam the streets of Germany saying "Si"!

3) When trying to overcome a language barrier, You just make yourself look RIDICULOUS when you speak slower, talk louder, and use your fingers to try and communicate with someone.

Arghhh... LOL!

ETA: the "r" word has been changed. Now kindly remove the stick out of your rear end or leave my post. Thx

by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Avabliss
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:23 PM

oooh.....I am so glad you said it not me.

hahahaha

gypsydancer7
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Ummm..."retarded"?

Pick a new word sugar, otherwise YOU appear stupid. You cant attempt to make yourself look cool and educated by poking fun at others while using that word. You look like a hypocrite. An insensitive and sad one at that.

Just_Bethy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Oh English people do number 3 as well..LMAO!!!!

ItsBethy_4180
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:28 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Quoting gypsydancer7:

Ummm..."retarded"?

Pick a new word sugar, otherwise YOU appear stupid. You cant attempt to make yourself look cool and educated by poking fun at others while using that word. You look like a hypocrite. An insensitive and sad one at that.

nemiller
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:29 PM

i live in japan and the language barrier kills me.  i'm trying to learn slowly but surely.  however, i can assure you that miming is just as good as knowing how to say what you mean sometimes.  the japanese people i've met could all moonlight as street performers, lol.  but i definitely thing the first 2 are true and something i see often enough to embarrass me.

nbr1sahm
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Quoting gypsydancer7:

Ummm..."retarded"?

At what point am I trying to make myself look cool and educated? What I'm saying is pure common sense. I'm sorry if my terminology isn't PC enough for you.

Kaelansmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:30 PM

you need to get rid of the "r" word..... seriously.

If I am not mistaken, it is against TOS...

NVL0707
by Baroness on May. 2, 2010 at 11:31 PM

If you dont like that show dont watch it,duh! get over yourself.

mybabyapples
by Purple People Eater on May. 2, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Do you mean PG? And you should care to censor what you say when it comes to that word.Some people find it offensive and hurtful..Which DOES make you look stupid and insensitive.

Which is also, pure common sense.

Quoting nbr1sahm:

Quoting gypsydancer7:

Ummm..."retarded"?

At what point am I trying to make myself look cool and educated? What I'm saying is pure common sense. I'm sorry if my terminology isn't PC enough for you.

1_hawt_mami
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:33 PM

popcorn

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)