Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who buys stuff on ebay? I have a question.... POLL

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:35 PM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you be so pissed?

Options:

Yes, you promised and didn't deliver. Give me my refund.

No, You were honest, and shipping is only delayed a couple days. No big deal.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 45

View Results

OK, I have stumbled onto a business venture that looks like it will pay off. I met a man who has started a worm farm, but has no marketing skills. He asked me to help, since I have some experience.

Well, I stuck them on ebay, and undercut others selling the same worms by $4. Within six days, we sold $350 worth of worms. (I get half)

Trouble is, this man didn't expect things to move so quickly. He ran out of worms!!!

He told me to use his half of earnings to purchase more and have them over nighted to him. My problem is, 3 of the orders on ebay will arrive later than promised. I sent them this email to let them know of the delay:

Hello, I just wanted to let you know we have encountered a delay in shipping your worms. We should be able to have them shipped within ten days or less, however, in our strive for excellent customer service I wanted to give you either the option to wait, or a full refund. Please let me know which you prefer, and accept my apologies.

My question is, would you be pissed?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1_hawt_mami
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:37 PM

i would understand most people wont even reply back to you when you ask them about your purchases

mommywsej
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:37 PM

No, i would be if i hadnt got an email but with that email i would be fine.

jahvarzionmomma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:38 PM

if i were u or the customer? if u meant customer then no you gave the option of a refund

if you meant you? i wouldnt be upset but id tell that guy to get his but in gear growing (or whaever he does) those worms lol    who would have thunk it lol worms

adon87
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:39 PM

BUMP!

3galsmomma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:40 PM

That's what I am hoping :)

Quoting mommywsej:

No, i would be if i hadnt got an email but with that email i would be fine.

Monica84
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:40 PM

As long as the seller stays in communication with me and it doesnt become a huge delay I really dont have a problem. I understand that sometimes problem s happen. I had a shipment get super delayed this last winter because of one of the major storms. It happens.

3galsmomma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:41 PM

LOL sorry, the customer. I'm not pissed, this guy is giving me one hell of an opportunity.

And I know......freakin' worms.

Quoting jahvarzionmomma:

if i were u or the customer? if u meant customer then no you gave the option of a refund

if you meant you? i wouldnt be upset but id tell that guy to get his but in gear growing (or whaever he does) those worms lol    who would have thunk it lol worms

3galsmomma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:46 PM

BUMP!

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:47 PM

LMFAO @ Thunk!

Quoting jahvarzionmomma:

avajeansmomma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Just the fact that you are letting them know is so much better than half the people I have bought from. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)