Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son had a tick on him and now... I NEED HELP (update in red)

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:43 PM
  • 76 Replies

we cant get the damn head out of his back. when we were trying to get the stuped thing off his back it came off in pices now the damn head is stuck in his back. we tryed to take a needle and get it out that way but we cant get it. i dont know how long it has been on his back for. but he has a huge red bump and a small hole in his back. any ideas of how to get the head to come out.

ok i updating this because i think i confussed some people. the body is off it was alive when i was trying to get it off but it got killed while trying to do it. now there is a small hole in my sons back and there is something black stuck in it. i didnt get the head when we got the body. but we have tryed everything to get what i think is the head and nothing is working.

• i took him to the doctor and they removed the head. they also gave him antibiotics just in case because he was running a lil fever. he is doing much better now. and next time he has a tick on him im going to make sure i get it all the first time.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomTo2Boys2526
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:44 PM

BUMP!

chiamom123
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:44 PM

BUMP!

BRANDY319
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:45 PM

BUMP!

SThompson21

put toothpaste on the area its supposed to "smother" it out.

SThompson21

BUMP!

krazymom2k03

BUMP!

4armycuties
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:46 PM

IDK how to get the head out but next time, light a match, blow it out and then put it on the tick. Bump.

judybant

you are going to have to go to the doctor with that... if the entire body was still in there, you could just put a gob of vaseline on it, and the tick would back out on its own... but now that the body is gone... the head will just stay there. At least at the doctor, they can numb the area before they begin digging around with sharp stuff...

iheartmyjs

Tweezers and a needle is the only advice I have!  Keep trying, or call the pedi or E.R. for better advice.  Good luck, poor guy.

csnook
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Quoting iheartmyjs:

Tweezers and a needle is the only advice I have!  Keep trying, or call the pedi or E.R. for better advice.  Good luck, poor guy.

i tryed tweezers and a needle and still nothing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)