• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy Sh*t! When did that happen??

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:47 PM
  • 17 Replies

I just had a 30 minute conversation with my 3 year old daughter! When we were done, I realized something.. She's not a baby anymore! =-( When did that happen?

When did you ladies realize, that your baby wasn't a baby anymore?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Creek_Momma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Everyday, and every time I talk to him on the phone when he's with his Memaw or Grandma. So sad, time for another one lmao. He's 2 and a half going on 16

kk_bella
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Aw

mobilemom0608
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:50 PM

BUMP!

supermama322
by Made in Canada on May. 2, 2010 at 11:52 PM

My daughter is 3 too and she is often saying things that make DH and I go :oO and sometimes even tear up a little. I am so sad my baby is growing up, she is so independent lately! :(

loveingmybabies
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:52 PM

im not so sure when,i guess i am in denial.dont want my babies to grow so fast.my oldest has been able to operatw vcr,dvd,& pc since b4 he was 3.he tells daddy what address to type in then does the rest himself,he surprised my husband one night while i was out...son was like 3 1/2 or so asked daddy to turn on pc & help him log on,but to him daddy took to long so when daddy whent to help him,son was already on his pbs.org website.our son turned it on found his website by clicking on the favorites icon & finding his site...my husband was shocked.he thinks it was so cool.now follows our 2 yr old

dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on May. 2, 2010 at 11:53 PM

everyday. lol my daughter is 4, going on 16. the way she talks, the words she uses, her tone...every single day she amazes me that shes so "grown up"..

i think a lot of it is because my son, who is 8, had/has speech problems, and when he was avas age, he wasnt nearly as advanced. even now, there are words that she has no problem with, but micah does.

it makes me laugh to hear and have such conversations with her, because while she talks older, she still sounds 4. lol

kisha89
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:54 PM

my son turned 4 in january and i still call him my baby even tho im 7 months preggers with his sister. well the other day i made him cereal an jus couldnt stop smilin he was so sweet so i said awe mommy loves her baby and he corrected me so i said gees kids these days an his response was "im not a kid MOM im a MAN!" lol damn these lil attitudes he'll always be my baby lol

iheartmyjs

Yes!  Every day, something new.  Her growing independence (I can do it by myself!)  and her calling me "Mom" instead of Mommy.  How heavy she is to pick up now :(  Her shoe size (no more little baby feet).  It's so great to watch, but sad too :(

MeandB

Yeah, probably around 2.5 or three when we had actual conversations as well... luckily I have an 11 month old who is very much my baby and I am cherishing every moment of it!

But I like the new stage my 3 year old is in as well! it's fun... but definitely sad too!

aj23
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 11:54 PM

One day not to long ago my son walked in my room and said "mama, can I have juice" then when I went to put some in his sippy cup he said "wait, i want chocolate milk in my big cup"  I just sit there in shock. He just recently started talking and once he started he's been talking like he's been doing it for years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)