Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My mother died on Mother's Day...

Posted by on May. 7, 2010 at 7:14 PM
  • 18 Replies

21 years ago, on May 14th, 1989 - two days after my 20th birthday - my mother died after a long battle with bone cancer.

To all the other "motherless daughters" out there - just know you are not alone on this holiday.

{{{HUGS}}} to all of you.

Happy Mother's Day mom.  I still miss you terribly!

by on May. 7, 2010 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuzyQ007
by on May. 7, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Aww that's sad. Hugs to you too and Happy Mother's Day!

Be True To Yourself

luv2wahm
by on May. 7, 2010 at 7:17 PM

I am sorry for your loss..I am so thankful I still have my mom. My father died 8 years ago, and I still miss him terribly.

PatriciaofMN
by on May. 7, 2010 at 7:17 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine loosing my mother at such a young age, I was 37 when my mom passed but at least she lived to see her grandchildren.  Many hugs to you!!! 

PatriciaofMN
by on May. 7, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Im sorry for your loss.  It must be hard for you on Fathers Day.

Quoting luv2wahm:

I am sorry for your loss..I am so thankful I still have my mom. My father died 8 years ago, and I still miss him terribly.

Shabaam_CFC
by on May. 7, 2010 at 7:20 PM

I am glad to have my mother, and grandmothers. I miss my grampa though, he passed away in 07, 4 days after my b-day, and I miss him everyday.

Shabaam_CFC
by on May. 7, 2010 at 7:21 PM

BTW Happy mothers day to you OP! ::HUGS!::

texassahm
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Thanks girls.  The thing that breaks my heart the most about it is that she was the kind of woman who was built to be a grandmother and she never even got close to recognizing that dream.  She was a seamstress - so she would have made everything by hand - including Halloween costumes, which was her favorite holiday since her bday is right around it. 

She was an excellent cook, with some amazing homemade country recipes, I never got a chance to learn. 

Also, my grandmother (my mom's mom) died 3 weeks before my mom did.  My mom was an only child.

The good news is that I had a superb stepmom for 19 years (she also died of cancer, 3 years ago).

There are many many missed mom's, grandmothers, and aunts out there....Hugs to all of you who have lost a maternal figure close to you!

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2010 at 7:26 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope you have a happy Mother's Day, God bless you.

blackwidow15
by on May. 7, 2010 at 7:27 PM

this will be my first year without my mom she didnt like me much but I find myself missing her I guess its just the knowing shes not ever going to be here!spider

KristenFowles
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2010 at 7:31 PM

:hugs:

Thank you for reminding me to really appreciate my own mother..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)