Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

Posted by   + Show Post

We hope you're enjoying your time on CafeMom!

If there is anything that we can do to help you get started, please let us know.

We are always happy to help answer any questions and share tips on using the site.

We can even match you up with a long time CafeMom member to help show you around!

Ask for help!
Reply to this post or send me a message.

1.  Reply to this post  - ask a question or request that a CafeMom mentor contact you.
** To reply to this post, click on the 'reply to post' button at the top (or bottom) of this post. When the text box opens, add your reply. Once you've added your reply, click on the "Add Reply' button.

2. Send me a PM (private message) - let me know how I can help!
** To send me a PM, click here:  Send a Message to Cafe Robin

Tips for getting started on CafeMom:

You'll find Moms talking right on our group.  Please feel free to join in!

You may want to ask for advice or bring up a topic for discussion. 
To add a new post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group. 

You may also want to join some conversations and share your thoughts. 
To add a reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.

If you're not sure where to start, we recommend starting here on the groups:
The Newcomers Club, The Cafe and Advice for Moms

They are large, general discussion groups that always have members chatting - day and night. 
You can feel free to post about specific topics... or whatever's on your mind. 

To find more groups that you may enjoy, click on these links:

• Popular CafeMom Groups - CafeMom-run groups are public and you're invited to join right in!
  • Find a Group - Some of our member run groups are private and you may need to apply to join. 

For CafeMom FAQs, scroll down to the replies below.

Thank you for being a member of CafeMom!

Enjoy the site!

coffee  Robin and your friends at CafeMom

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Replies (1341-1349):
wornoutmom413
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:09 PM

i am a very tired and worn mom and grandma  my daughter has bipolar depression odd we have been batteling this for 14 long years now she has brought 2 children into it i love dearly but i am so tired we never know what the day is going to be like there are more bad then good she cant keep a job she has relationships with guys who beat her has anyone heard the song by tenth avenue north tired and worn well that sums up my life and the way i feel i do not know how long i can make it im ready to just call it quits  i am so tired the 5 year old grandson has adhd seperation anxiety and odd he has violant out burst so i deal also with that i wish there was some kind of help because i am giving up

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Quoting wornoutmom413:

i am a very tired and worn mom and grandma  my daughter has bipolar depression odd we have been batteling this for 14 long years now she has brought 2 children into it i love dearly but i am so tired we never know what the day is going to be like there are more bad then good she cant keep a job she has relationships with guys who beat her has anyone heard the song by tenth avenue north tired and worn well that sums up my life and the way i feel i do not know how long i can make it im ready to just call it quits  i am so tired the 5 year old grandson has adhd seperation anxiety and odd he has violant out burst so i deal also with that i wish there was some kind of help because i am giving up

Hi,

Welcome to CafeMom!

You'll find members chatting and having conversations right on our groups by posting and replying to each other...please feel free to join in!

We think you may enjoy these groups:

Raising Special Needs Kids

Advice for Moms  

To see more of what CafeMom has to offer, here's a link to CafeMom's Featured Groups!

Please let us know if we can help with anything!  

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team

Sandi109
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Dumb question from a Newbie :)

How do you accept "friends"? I have had 2 notifications via email of a friend request but when I go to the "friend" area it shows nothing...I consider myself to be relatively competent in figuring out things like this normally, but I'm stumped. And I know it's going to be something simple and then I'm going to be embarrassed that I asked...blushbut you can't learn if you don't ask...right? 

Thanks!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 26, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Hi!

Welcome to CafeMom!

To find your invites look under the "Messages" tab at the top of your page. Select "Invites".

On the next page you can accept new friend invites under the "Pending Invites" tab.

Let us now if you have any other questions, we are happy to help!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Quoting Sandi109:

Dumb question from a Newbie :)

How do you accept "friends"? I have had 2 notifications via email of a friend request but when I go to the "friend" area it shows nothing...I consider myself to be relatively competent in figuring out things like this normally, but I'm stumped. And I know it's going to be something simple and then I'm going to be embarrassed that I asked...blushbut you can't learn if you don't ask...right? 

Thanks!

Jessica-Hix
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:14 AM
How do i add friends? An send ppl messages because everytime i try to reply to someone or a message it dnt let me.. im new here an could plz use some help thank u.
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Sep. 3, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Quoting Jessica-Hix: How do i add friends? An send ppl messages because everytime i try to reply to someone or a message it dnt let me.. im new here an could plz use some help thank u.

Hi,

Welcome to CafeMom!

This info can always be found in the CafeMom FAQs:

How do I invite another member to be my friend?

To send someone a friend invitation, go to their profile page and click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their avatar. Once the other Mom accepts your invitation, you will be friends!

How do I send a message to another CafeMom member?

Here's how to send a private message:

1. Go to a member's profile page.
2. Under their profile picture, you'll see two links: "Send a message" and "Invite as a friend".
3. Click on "Send a Message".
5. The next page will allow you to compose a note.
6. Click the "Send Message" button when you're done.

Let us know if you have any other questions we are happy to help!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

jessiefish
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2014 at 11:14 AM
I am so happy to be back on Cafe mom and hope to connect with other moms who share my plight! I am looking for a twin mom group and cannot locate one! Am I missing it or overlooking it? I am a breastfeeding mom of 6 month old twin girls and I do wish I could find other twin moms to communicate and grow friendships with!

Thank you!
Jessie
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Sep. 21, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Welcome back to CafeMom and congratulations on your twin girls!

You might enjoy one of these groups:
moms that have or are having twins

Babies

The CafeMom Admin Team

Quoting jessiefish: I am so happy to be back on Cafe mom and hope to connect with other moms who share my plight! I am looking for a twin mom group and cannot locate one! Am I missing it or overlooking it? I am a breastfeeding mom of 6 month old twin girls and I do wish I could find other twin moms to communicate and grow friendships with! Thank you! Jessie

jessiefish
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Thank you very much!

Quoting Cafe GroupAdmin:

Welcome back to CafeMom and congratulations on your twin girls!

You might enjoy one of these groups: moms that have or are having twins Babies

The CafeMom Admin Team

Quoting jessiefish: I am so happy to be back on Cafe mom and hope to connect with other moms who share my plight! I am looking for a twin mom group and cannot locate one! Am I missing it or overlooking it? I am a breastfeeding mom of 6 month old twin girls and I do wish I could find other twin moms to communicate and grow friendships with!

Thank you!
Jessie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)