Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

Posted by   + Show Post

We hope you're enjoying your time on CafeMom!

If there is anything that we can do to help you get started, please let us know.

We are always happy to help answer any questions and share tips on using the site.

We can even match you up with a long time CafeMom member to help show you around!

Ask for help!
Reply to this post or send me a message.

1.  Reply to this post  - ask a question or request that a CafeMom mentor contact you.
** To reply to this post, click on the 'reply to post' button at the top (or bottom) of this post. When the text box opens, add your reply. Once you've added your reply, click on the "Add Reply' button.

2. Send me a PM (private message) - let me know how I can help!
** To send me a PM, click here:  Send a Message to Cafe Robin

Tips for getting started on CafeMom:

You'll find Moms talking right on our group.  Please feel free to join in!

You may want to ask for advice or bring up a topic for discussion. 
To add a new post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group. 

You may also want to join some conversations and share your thoughts. 
To add a reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.

If you're not sure where to start, we recommend starting here on the groups:
The Newcomers Club, The Cafe and Advice for Moms

They are large, general discussion groups that always have members chatting - day and night. 
You can feel free to post about specific topics... or whatever's on your mind. 

To find more groups that you may enjoy, click on these links:

• Popular CafeMom Groups - CafeMom-run groups are public and you're invited to join right in!
  • Find a Group - Some of our member run groups are private and you may need to apply to join. 

For CafeMom FAQs, scroll down to the replies below.

Thank you for being a member of CafeMom!

Enjoy the site!

coffee  Robin and your friends at CafeMom

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Replies (1461-1465):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Apr. 19, 2016 at 7:41 AM

Hi Sarah,

Please contact the CafeMom Team via the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

They will be able to help you access your old account.

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Quoting sarahrockssocks: I actually already have an account "irocksocks" but when I updated my Internet app on my phone it logged me out so I tried to reset my password and it's saying I don't have an account or I put in the wrong email?? Is there anyway to fix it?

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Apr. 29, 2016 at 7:56 AM

Hi!  

We took submissions and then had a vote. CafeMom won! :)

Quoting JennyIseman:

How did cafe mom get it's name?

sonnyswoman75
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2016 at 8:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I love the name!

Quoting Cafe GroupAdmin:

Hi!  

We took submissions and then had a vote. CafeMom won! :)

Quoting JennyIseman:

How did cafe mom get it's name?

VeggieBabe
by New Member on May. 19, 2016 at 2:00 PM

Hello, I need help to know which forum / where it's best to post this question:

HOW do new parents successfully operate a home business with a baby?!

Just before the baby came, we were getting into real estate investing, which involves A LOT of networking, talking on the phone, going in-person to real estate meetup groups, attending seminars, driving, talking to homeowners, walking properties, searching records at the County Recorder's Office, etc. etc. etc.  HOW can I do all this with a baby who may start fussing, crying, needing to be breastfed, needing a nap, etc.?

By the way, I don't have daycare.  My job (HR Manager) was the money-maker, but now I'm unemployed and intend to be a stay-at-home mom and do real estate investing full-time.  My husband still works his job to keep the health insurance going and cover most of the bills.  The rest of the bills are being paid from my savings, so we really need to find a way I can do this real estate investing.  

So far, I've been told I cannot bring baby to real estate meetups, so OK - I found a go-around for that.  Instead, I've been networking with the attendees via email, phone, and some want to meet me at a cafe to discuss real estate investing in person.  Some meetup organizers will share the presentation info with me on the phone. 

BUT, as for tring to meet with people, talk on the phone, etc. -- well, I just can't do it  half the time.  Someone calls to meet, and the baby happens to be napping.  Someone wants to talk, but the baby's crying.  There's a networking opportunity, but the baby's teething is too bad that day.  

Again, I don't have daycare.  Not that I don't have people who have offered, but they're not physically able to watch a baby safely (I've had people fall asleep...not be able to pick up baby because of their bad back...make bad judgements and the baby got hurt...) so no.  I'll watch him.  He goes with me everywhere, and I wear him in a carrier.

But this is seriously hard.  How do other mom's do this?

Thanks!

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 19, 2016 at 2:16 PM

Hello and welcome! 

You might also try asking the moms on the Working Moms  group, too - I'm sure there are moms there who are struggling with this same issue. :) 

Let me know if you have any more questions. 

have a nice daySteph

Quoting VeggieBabe:

Hello, I need help to know which forum / where it's best to post this question:

HOW do new parents successfully operate a home business with a baby?!

Just before the baby came, we were getting into real estate investing, which involves A LOT of networking, talking on the phone, going in-person to real estate meetup groups, attending seminars, driving, talking to homeowners, walking properties, searching records at the County Recorder's Office, etc. etc. etc.  HOW can I do all this with a baby who may start fussing, crying, needing to be breastfed, needing a nap, etc.?.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN