Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

Posted by   + Show Post

We hope you're enjoying your time on CafeMom!

If there is anything that we can do to help you get started, please let us know.

We are always happy to help answer any questions and share tips on using the site.

We can even match you up with a long time CafeMom member to help show you around!

Ask for help!
Reply to this post or send me a message.

1.  Reply to this post  - ask a question or request that a CafeMom mentor contact you.
** To reply to this post, click on the 'reply to post' button at the top (or bottom) of this post. When the text box opens, add your reply. Once you've added your reply, click on the "Add Reply' button.

2. Send me a PM (private message) - let me know how I can help!
** To send me a PM, click here:  Send a Message to Cafe Robin

Tips for getting started on CafeMom:

You'll find Moms talking right on our group.  Please feel free to join in!

You may want to ask for advice or bring up a topic for discussion. 
To add a new post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group. 

You may also want to join some conversations and share your thoughts. 
To add a reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.

If you're not sure where to start, we recommend starting here on the groups:
The Newcomers Club, The Cafe and Advice for Moms

They are large, general discussion groups that always have members chatting - day and night. 
You can feel free to post about specific topics... or whatever's on your mind. 

To find more groups that you may enjoy, click on these links:

• Popular CafeMom Groups - CafeMom-run groups are public and you're invited to join right in!
  • Find a Group - Some of our member run groups are private and you may need to apply to join. 

For CafeMom FAQs, scroll down to the replies below.

Thank you for being a member of CafeMom!

Enjoy the site!

coffee  Robin and your friends at CafeMom

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Replies (1461-1470):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Apr. 19, 2016 at 7:41 AM

Hi Sarah,

Please contact the CafeMom Team via the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

They will be able to help you access your old account.

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Quoting sarahrockssocks: I actually already have an account "irocksocks" but when I updated my Internet app on my phone it logged me out so I tried to reset my password and it's saying I don't have an account or I put in the wrong email?? Is there anyway to fix it?

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Apr. 29, 2016 at 7:56 AM

Hi!  

We took submissions and then had a vote. CafeMom won! :)

Quoting JennyIseman:

How did cafe mom get it's name?

sonnyswoman75
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2016 at 8:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I love the name!

Quoting Cafe GroupAdmin:

Hi!  

We took submissions and then had a vote. CafeMom won! :)

Quoting JennyIseman:

How did cafe mom get it's name?

VeggieBabe
by New Member on May. 19, 2016 at 2:00 PM

Hello, I need help to know which forum / where it's best to post this question:

HOW do new parents successfully operate a home business with a baby?!

Just before the baby came, we were getting into real estate investing, which involves A LOT of networking, talking on the phone, going in-person to real estate meetup groups, attending seminars, driving, talking to homeowners, walking properties, searching records at the County Recorder's Office, etc. etc. etc.  HOW can I do all this with a baby who may start fussing, crying, needing to be breastfed, needing a nap, etc.?

By the way, I don't have daycare.  My job (HR Manager) was the money-maker, but now I'm unemployed and intend to be a stay-at-home mom and do real estate investing full-time.  My husband still works his job to keep the health insurance going and cover most of the bills.  The rest of the bills are being paid from my savings, so we really need to find a way I can do this real estate investing.  

So far, I've been told I cannot bring baby to real estate meetups, so OK - I found a go-around for that.  Instead, I've been networking with the attendees via email, phone, and some want to meet me at a cafe to discuss real estate investing in person.  Some meetup organizers will share the presentation info with me on the phone. 

BUT, as for tring to meet with people, talk on the phone, etc. -- well, I just can't do it  half the time.  Someone calls to meet, and the baby happens to be napping.  Someone wants to talk, but the baby's crying.  There's a networking opportunity, but the baby's teething is too bad that day.  

Again, I don't have daycare.  Not that I don't have people who have offered, but they're not physically able to watch a baby safely (I've had people fall asleep...not be able to pick up baby because of their bad back...make bad judgements and the baby got hurt...) so no.  I'll watch him.  He goes with me everywhere, and I wear him in a carrier.

But this is seriously hard.  How do other mom's do this?

Thanks!

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 19, 2016 at 2:16 PM

Hello and welcome! 

You might also try asking the moms on the Working Moms  group, too - I'm sure there are moms there who are struggling with this same issue. :) 

Let me know if you have any more questions. 

have a nice daySteph

Quoting VeggieBabe:

Hello, I need help to know which forum / where it's best to post this question:

HOW do new parents successfully operate a home business with a baby?!

Just before the baby came, we were getting into real estate investing, which involves A LOT of networking, talking on the phone, going in-person to real estate meetup groups, attending seminars, driving, talking to homeowners, walking properties, searching records at the County Recorder's Office, etc. etc. etc.  HOW can I do all this with a baby who may start fussing, crying, needing to be breastfed, needing a nap, etc.?.....

MissMadoozie
by Member on May. 28, 2016 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this

ooohhhhh WTG Thank You bowing down

Quoting Cafe Robin: 

This list can always be found on the 1st page of The Newcomers Club in the The CafeMom Help Desk - Getting started on CafeMom post.Some Common AbbreviationsWRITING IN ALL CAPITALS - SHOUTINGBUMP - Bring Up My Post!  When someone posts "bump" in a reply to a post, they are bringing the whole thread to the top of the group so more people will see it.  The posts on the group are in order of when the last reply was added. AC = Adopted ChildAF = Aunt FloAP= Attachment ParentingATM = At the Moment AYT = Are You There BBL = Be Back Later BD = Baby Dancing BF = Boyfriend (also Best Friend, Breastfeeding or Breakfast, depending on context)BFN = Big Fat Negative BFP = Big Fat PositiveBIL = Brother-In-Law BL = Belly Laugh BM = Biological Mom, Birth Mom (also Bowel Movement, Breastmilk or Bridesmaid, depending on context)BRB = Be Right Back BTW = By The Way CIO = Crying It OutCM = CafeMom (can also mean Cervical Mucous)CYL = Catch Ya Later DD = Dearest Daughter, Darling Daughter, etcDDIL = Darling Daughter-in-LawDGC Darling GrandChildren or Darling GrandChildDF = Dear/Darling Fiance DH = Dear Hubby (Or Husband), Darling Hubby, Darn Hubby, Dumb Hubby, etc DIKU = Do I Know You DS = Dearest Son, Darling Son, etc (can also mean Direct Sales) DSA = Direct Selling AssociationDW = Dear/Darling Wife (also Dishwasher, depending on context)EBF = Extended Breast FeedingEOW = every other weekEOWE = every other weekendETA = Estimated Time of Arrival or Edited To AddF2F = Face To Face FAQ = Frequently Asked Question FC = Foster ChildFIL = Father-In-Law FF = Formula Feed or Forward Facing (as in car seat)FTW = For The WinFWIW = For What It's WorthFX = Fingers Crossed GF = Girl Friend GL = Good LuckHTH = Hope That Helps IKWYM = I Know What You Mean IM = Instant Message IMHO = In My Humble/Honest Opinion IRL = In Real Life ISO = In Search Of ITA = I Totally AgreeJK = Just Kidding JMO = Just My Opinion/ObservationJUD = Jumping Up And DownKWIM = Know What I MeanLMAO = Laughing My A$$ OffLMBO = Laughing My Butt OffLO = Little OneLOL = Laughing Out Loud or Lots Of Laughs MB = Message Board MD = Meltdown MIL = Mother-In-Law MIS/DS = Moms In Sales Direct SellingMM = Military Mom NAD = Nursing At DeskNAK = Nursing At KeyboardOIC = Oh I See OMG = Oh My GoshOP = Original PosterOPK = Ovulation Predictor KitOT = Off Topic OTOH = On The Other Hand PIOG = Posted In Other GroupsPITA = Pain In The AcronymsPM = Private MessagePOV = Point Of View PP = Previous PosterPTMM = Please Tell Me More RAK/DAK=Random Acts Of Kindness/Deliberate Acts Of KindnessRE = Rolling EyesROFL or ROTFL = Rolling On The Floor Laughing ROFLMBO = Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Butt Off SAH(M) =Stay At Home (Mom)SD = Step DaughterSFAG = Stolen From Another GroupSIL = Sister-In-Law SMH = Shaking My HeadSO = Significant Other S/O = Spin-offSD = Step Daughter (or Step Dad)SM = Step MomSS = Step SonSTBX = Soon To Be ExTIA = Thanks In Advance TFS = Thanks for SharingTMI = Too Much Information TOM = Time Of The Month TTC = Trying To Conceive TTYL = Talk To You Later TY/TYVM = Thank You /Thank You Very MuchWAH(M) = Work At Home (Mom)WOTH(M) = Work Outside the Home (Mom)WB = Welcome Back WTG = Way To GoWTH = What The HeckYW/YVW = You're Welcome/You're Very Welcome 

Miss Madoozie

MissMadoozie
by Member on May. 28, 2016 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Here is the seniors version ha hahahaasidesplittinglaughter

FWIW: Forgot Where I Was

BTW: Bring The Wheelchair

ROFL... CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up

DWI: Driving While Incontinent

LOL: Living On Lipitor

OMG: Oy, My Grandchildren!

OMG: Ouch, My Groin!

IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On?

WTF: What's Today's Fish?

WTF: Wet The Furniture

IMHMO: In My HMO...

RULKM: Are You Leaving Kids Money?

BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth

GTG: Gotta Groan

TGIF: Thank Goodness It's Four (Four O'Clock - Early Bird Special)

FWB: Friend With Betablockers

FYI: For Your Indigestion...

JK: Just Kvetching

TTYL: Talk To You Louder

MILF: Meal I'd Like To Forget

LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out

LWO: Lawrence Welk's On

MGAD: My Grandson's A Doctor

SUS: Speak Up, Sonny

WIWYA: When I Was Your Age

GOML: Get Off My Lawn

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on May. 28, 2016 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

This is great! Thank you for sharing!

rolling on floor\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Quoting MissMadoozie:

Here is the seniors version ha hahahaasidesplittinglaughter

FWIW: Forgot Where I Was

BTW: Bring The Wheelchair

ROFL... CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up

DWI: Driving While Incontinent

LOL: Living On Lipitor

OMG: Oy, My Grandchildren!

OMG: Ouch, My Groin!

IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On?

WTF: What's Today's Fish?

WTF: Wet The Furniture

IMHMO: In My HMO...

RULKM: Are You Leaving Kids Money?

BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth

GTG: Gotta Groan

TGIF: Thank Goodness It's Four (Four O'Clock - Early Bird Special)

FWB: Friend With Betablockers

FYI: For Your Indigestion...

JK: Just Kvetching

TTYL: Talk To You Louder

MILF: Meal I'd Like To Forget

LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out

LWO: Lawrence Welk's On

MGAD: My Grandson's A Doctor

SUS: Speak Up, Sonny

WIWYA: When I Was Your Age

GOML: Get Off My Lawn

owl0210
by on Jul. 13, 2016 at 3:20 PM
How can I remove my title in Mom Confessions? It's NKOTB but I don't want a title anymore. Thanks
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jul. 13, 2016 at 6:16 PM

Hi!

We have removed the nickname from your rank.

You can find the post to update your nicknames in Mom Confessions here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/21087188/Would_you_like_your_1st_name_added_to_your_posts?

Quoting owl0210: How can I remove my title in Mom Confessions? It's NKOTB but I don't want a title anymore. Thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN