Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

Posted by   + Show Post

We hope you're enjoying your time on CafeMom!

If there is anything that we can do to help you get started, please let us know.

We are always happy to help answer any questions and share tips on using the site.

We can even match you up with a long time CafeMom member to help show you around!

Ask for help!
Reply to this post or send me a message.

1.  Reply to this post  - ask a question or request that a CafeMom mentor contact you.
** To reply to this post, click on the 'reply to post' button at the top (or bottom) of this post. When the text box opens, add your reply. Once you've added your reply, click on the "Add Reply' button.

2. Send me a PM (private message) - let me know how I can help!
** To send me a PM, click here:  Send a Message to Cafe Robin

Tips for getting started on CafeMom:

You'll find Moms talking right on our group.  Please feel free to join in!

You may want to ask for advice or bring up a topic for discussion. 
To add a new post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group. 

You may also want to join some conversations and share your thoughts. 
To add a reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.

If you're not sure where to start, we recommend starting here on the groups:
The Newcomers Club, The Cafe and Advice for Moms

They are large, general discussion groups that always have members chatting - day and night. 
You can feel free to post about specific topics... or whatever's on your mind. 

To find more groups that you may enjoy, click on these links:

• Popular CafeMom Groups - CafeMom-run groups are public and you're invited to join right in!
  • Find a Group - Some of our member run groups are private and you may need to apply to join. 

For CafeMom FAQs, scroll down to the replies below.

Thank you for being a member of CafeMom!

Enjoy the site!

coffee  Robin and your friends at CafeMom

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
katiegirl
by Katie on Jun. 6, 2010 at 8:37 AM
Thanks a lot. I don't know if it matters but I have an iPhone.

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Quoting katiegirl:

While I love Cafemom Mobile, is it possible for you to fix the issue with pictures in posts? Only part of the picture shows up and we are not able to scroll over to see the rest or make it smaller. That is the only issue I have so far with Cafemom Mobile.

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback and suggestion for CafeMom Mobile.

I will ask our tech team about this and share your message.  Hopefully, it's something easy to fix:)

Thanks again for your message and for being a member of CafeMom!

Robin

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Jun. 6, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Quoting katiegirl:

Quoting Cafe Robin:
Quoting katiegirl:

While I love Cafemom Mobile, is it possible for you to fix the issue with pictures in posts? Only part of the picture shows up and we are not able to scroll over to see the rest or make it smaller. That is the only issue I have so far with Cafemom Mobile.

Hi,

I will ask our tech team about this and share your message.  Hopefully, it's something easy to fix:)

Robin

Thank you!  I'll share that info, too!

I hope you're off to a great day!!

Robin

CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Jun. 8, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Unfortunately this is a result of how the iPhone deals with large images. We'll add it to our mobile "to do" list, but we're not sure if we'll be able to fix it.

---The CafeMom Team

Quoting katiegirl:

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Quoting katiegirl:

Hi,

Robin

diane-b
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2010 at 3:40 PM

BUMP!

baebear
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:14 PM

How do you decide wheather or not to delete or lock a post? I had a really cool thread going and poof it was deleted with no warning :-(

If you can`t dazzle them with brilliance...

then baffle them with bullshit

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Quoting baebear:

How do you decide wheather or not to delete or lock a post? I had a really cool thread going and poof it was deleted with no warning :-(

Hi,

We try not to lock or delete posts on the group.  If inappropriate replies are made, we'll try to save the post from being locked or deleted by removing the rude replies (personal insults).

If the OP is making personal insults or if the rude replies continue, we may need to lock or delete the post.  We usually try to lock posts rather than delete them so members can go back and see what was said. 

We undeleted your thread about putting wine in a baby bottle and locked it. Now, you can go back and read the replies.

I hope that helps!

Robin

baebear
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Quoting baebear:

Hi,

We try not to lock or delete posts on the group.  If inappropriate replies are made, we'll try to save the post from being locked or deleted by removing the rude replies (personal insults).

If the OP is making personal insults or if the rude replies continue, we may need to lock or delete the post.  We usually try to lock posts rather than delete them so members can go back and see what was said. 

We undeleted your thread about putting wine in a baby bottle and locked it. Now, you can go back and read the replies.

I hope that helps!

Robin

Thanks! I`ll check it right now :-)

If you can`t dazzle them with brilliance...

then baffle them with bullshit

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jun. 15, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Quoting baebear:

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Quoting baebear:

Hi,

I hope that helps!

Robin

Thanks! I`ll check it right now :-)

youre welcome

Hope you're off to a great day!

Join us on these CafeMom Groups:
The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club    The Cafe
Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics          Advice for Moms    

childoftheKing1
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 11:57 PM

How in the world do I add a poll to my post..I click submit I get the following message each time:

There are some mistakes that need correcting

But it doesn't tell me where the mistakes are..What do I do??

fairymom2316
by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Quoting childoftheKing1:

How in the world do I add a poll to my post..I click submit I get the following message each time:

There are some mistakes that need correcting

But it doesn't tell me where the mistakes are..What do I do??

Let me see if I could help.

You click on 'Add a Post' from the forum.

All the way in the bottom, you click on 'Add a poll'

Write the question, then click on 'add another option.' Write your options, then click on submit.

Hope it works!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)