Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

Posted by   + Show Post

We hope you're enjoying your time on CafeMom!

If there is anything that we can do to help you get started, please let us know.

We are always happy to help answer any questions and share tips on using the site.

We can even match you up with a long time CafeMom member to help show you around!

Ask for help!
Reply to this post or send me a message.

1.  Reply to this post  - ask a question or request that a CafeMom mentor contact you.
** To reply to this post, click on the 'reply to post' button at the top (or bottom) of this post. When the text box opens, add your reply. Once you've added your reply, click on the "Add Reply' button.

2. Send me a PM (private message) - let me know how I can help!
** To send me a PM, click here:  Send a Message to Cafe Robin

Tips for getting started on CafeMom:

You'll find Moms talking right on our group.  Please feel free to join in!

You may want to ask for advice or bring up a topic for discussion. 
To add a new post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group. 

You may also want to join some conversations and share your thoughts. 
To add a reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.

If you're not sure where to start, we recommend starting here on the groups:
The Newcomers Club, The Cafe and Advice for Moms

They are large, general discussion groups that always have members chatting - day and night. 
You can feel free to post about specific topics... or whatever's on your mind. 

To find more groups that you may enjoy, click on these links:

• Popular CafeMom Groups - CafeMom-run groups are public and you're invited to join right in!
  • Find a Group - Some of our member run groups are private and you may need to apply to join. 

For CafeMom FAQs, scroll down to the replies below.

Thank you for being a member of CafeMom!

Enjoy the site!

coffee  Robin and your friends at CafeMom

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Replies (701-710):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Sep. 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Quoting Mommy_Leah904:

How do I find friends in my area? 

Also all  the posts are dated from way back when the posts first started...is there a way I can see the most recent ones first?

I'm not that great with technology as it is, figuring out a new website is pretty tough for me!!  Thanks =)

Leah

Hi Leah,

welcome

You can do a search for Moms in your area, by clicking on 'Frequently Asked Questions' at the bottom of every page. On the left column you will see 'Find Other Moms'. You will be able to search for Moms in your area, by entering your zip code.

To see new posts made in your groups you can click on 'My Groups' at the top of the page in gray and select 'Posts in my Groups'. Then select 'New Posts' on the left, under 'My Groups".

Let us know if you have any other questions! We are always happy to help!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

JanelleBee
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM
The instant messenger one. :-)
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Quoting JanelleBee:

The instant messenger one. :-)

Hi,

Here is how to turn on your chat:

Click on 'My Other Stuff' at the top of your page in gray.
Select 'My Account Settings'.
Click on the 'Advanced Settings' tab in blue.
Under General Settings make sure 'Show CafeMom Instant Messenger" is turned 'on'.

Let us know if you have any other questions! We are happy to help!

JanelleBee
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM
I did that before already, and no luck. I also updated Java. Don't know What else to do.
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Quoting JanelleBee:

I did that before already, and no luck. I also updated Java. Don't know What else to do.

Hi,

We are sorry you  are still having trouble. Can you contact The Cafemom Team and let them know you are having trouble with the instant messager chat at the bottom of your page. You can contact them using the "contact us" link at the bottom of any page.

Thank you,

ms.Haygood_18
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Hi I'm katangelia and I'm 18 and im new to being a military girlfriend. so my question is what do military spouses  do?

mage79
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Hi my name is Magela Im a stay at home mom to my 2 boys ages 2 and 6 thankfully my 6 yr old is in 1st grade :) Im here today in need of help and advice cause latelly I been feeling like I really suck at being a mom and may b this being a mom job isnt 4 me :( . My biggest problem right now is my 6 yr old giving me issues w not listening at home n school I been dealing w this for at least 2 yrs now I think , hes doing good in scho its just his behavior dont know if me having another child has to do w it, once he gets home from school the fighting between them starts n tghey drive me crazy, my 2 yr old wont quit the boittle and is giving me tantrums Im just so stressed I feel like Im so not good at this HELP PLEASE

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Quoting ms.Haygood_18:

Hi I'm katangelia and I'm 18 and im new to being a military girlfriend. so my question is what do military spouses  do?

Hi Katangelia,

welcome

Hope you are enjoying the group!

You may want to talk with the Moms in the Military Moms group!

You can also find great conversation in:

Advice for Moms
20 Something Moms

Let us know if you have any questions. We are always happy to help!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mage79:

Hi my name is Magela Im a stay at home mom to my 2 boys ages 2 and 6 thankfully my 6 yr old is in 1st grade :) Im here today in need of help and advice cause latelly I been feeling like I really suck at being a mom and may b this being a mom job isnt 4 me :( . My biggest problem right now is my 6 yr old giving me issues w not listening at home n school I been dealing w this for at least 2 yrs now I think , hes doing good in scho its just his behavior dont know if me having another child has to do w it, once he gets home from school the fighting between them starts n tghey drive me crazy, my 2 yr old wont quit the boittle and is giving me tantrums Im just so stressed I feel like Im so not good at this HELP PLEASE

HI Magela,

Don't feel like you are a bad Mom! We all feel frustrated at times!

You should talk with some of the moms in these groups:

Elementary School Kids
Toddlers & Preschoolers
Advice for Moms

We are sure they would be happy to share ideas with you!

Let us now if you have any other questions! We are always here to help.

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team

mage79
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Thank u I will talk to onw of the groups u suggested :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)