Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Moms with DD's 10 or older...is your DD wearing hot pants? ETA pic

Posted by on May. 21, 2010 at 8:06 PM
  • 116 Replies

Do you let your daughter wear shorts up to their hiney?  EVERY summer I am in a grocery store, or Walmart, or a retaurant and some woman is in there w/her DD and they are 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, with their butt cheeks literally hanging out (if they even have them yet!)  I just think it's insane.  I'm not one of these moms that thinks her little girl will never be a sexual being or be sexually attractive to men; I get that, and I am realistic about it.  However, these girls are obviously too young to be buying their own clothes, and even if they are, they are living under their mom's rooves, yet walking around like that.  I just can't imagine buying those for my adolescent daughter.  My DH's younger sister (11 or 12) was walking around the house in a pair the other day when we were visiting (she is not developed, does not look sexual in any way) but she may as well have been wearing panties.  It was ridiculous.  I asked him why his mom buys them for her like that and he just says, "Well that's the fashion."  Really? 

Like this short, or shorter. 

"Men set no value on cheap merchandise, a truth all women know if they are wise." - Geoffrey Chaucer
by on May. 21, 2010 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernjess3
by on May. 21, 2010 at 8:08 PM

i dont know whats with the shorts this year. Even for adults. its like every clothing company is trying to save material..lol

My_4_cuties_08
by on May. 21, 2010 at 8:08 PM

No. Mine don't wear those.

sarahcastillo
by on May. 21, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Never in a million years will my girls wear anything close to that! one is 11 and the other is 13 years old. They can wear that shit when they have moved outta my house have their own job and buy their own clothes.............But then they better not wear it in front of me cause I will snatch up their behind quicker than you can blink!

sassbott_5000
by on May. 21, 2010 at 8:09 PM

i have a 12 year old girl and that's a big hell no.

knittingadict
by on May. 21, 2010 at 8:10 PM

My girls don't wear them either...they just don't look right.

jahvarzionmomma
by on May. 21, 2010 at 8:11 PM

heck no i even see it at church! it amazes me then they wonder why there 12 year olds get pregnant

MaMa2Azriel
by on May. 21, 2010 at 8:11 PM

I guess I just see men looking at some of the older ones, and I'm looking at their parents like, do you not see this???  I was w/some guy friends a while back and a teenage girl with a very nice body came out of a restaurant w/her mom and her shorts were up to there and they were all like "Damn!"  I said, "She is still riding in her mom's car!"  I just can't imagine walking around w/a dd like that.  Don't think I ever will.

tretresmom
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2010 at 8:12 PM

No mine does not wear them

armywife101803
by on May. 21, 2010 at 8:13 PM

My DD is 11 1/2. No she does not wear hot pants. She never has. She was born with a "j-lo" butt. When she was younger she had a pair of sweat pants that had Mudd written on the butt, I think she was 4, yea way to many men would tell me that they thought it was cute. Creeped me right the fuck out. She also hates when her butt shows. She likes either men's shorts or bermuda shorts.

vintage_pearl4
by on May. 21, 2010 at 8:16 PM

My daughter's only three but I agree with you.  Even the jean shorts I've seen little girls wearing these days are really just denim panties.  Not my daughter! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)