Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you use sunblock if so what SPF? Does it cause cancer and other questions- my answers on page 2

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:10 AM
  • 68 Replies

Just wondering

What is your skin type?(for example, I am white but never burn only tan, my dh is white always burns even with block)

Do you use sunblock?

If so, what spf?

If so, what brand?

Does anyone in your family not wear sunblock?

Does sunblock cause skin cancer?

What types of cancer come from the sun and how do you get it?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

I sometimes come off mean/rude, please don't be offended I really am trying to be nice.
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjones0461
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:11 AM
We all us the highest I can find.
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Quoting ReachtotheStars:

Just wondering

What is your skin type?(for example, I am white but never burn only tan, my dh is white always burns even with block)

Do you use sunblock? yes watch someone die of skin cancer and you make sure you bathe in it

If so, what spf? 50spf and up

If so, what brand? banna boat and copertone

Does anyone in your family not wear sunblock?

Does sunblock cause skin cancer? no it helps prevent it

What types of cancer come from the sun and how do you get it? melonma deadliest skin cancer you can get. you get it from being in the sun and no using sunblock

lvnmylif
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Yes we all use sun block.  I use a daily spf in my facial lotion.  If I'm out in the sun I use bull frog 50 spf.  I have very fair skin.  I don't know that sun block causes skin cancer but sun damage absolutely can.

BonitaM
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:15 AM

I don't use any sunblock and neither does dh.  Dd only if the UV is high but I did hear that it is more likely than the sun to cause skin cancer so I try not to.  She burns so that is why I do use it on those days that the UV is high and she insists on being outsides.....especially near water. She uses 30 SPF.   Dh and I just tan never burn. 

BonitaM
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Oh yeah we I'm part Latina part white but have a light tan all year round and dh is Gypsy and has a darker tan all year lond.  DD is something between us.  I'm guessing her skin is just a little more sensitive because she's still little.

RmeWifey01
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:21 AM

Quoting ReachtotheStars:

Just wondering

Do you use sunblock?  Yes

If so, what spf?   50 or higher

If so, what brand?  Water Babies for the kiddos and Coppertone *i think* for me

Does anyone in your family not wear sunblock?   DH, he tans, and ds also tans, but I apply it to him most of the time.

Does sunblock cause skin cancer?  Not as far as I know. Maybe if you ate it?!?!

What types of cancer come from the sun and how do you get it? Melanoma, and basal & squamous cell carcinomas. I have the one which is not malignent.

babie113
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 1:22 AM
I am white I'm british and I have very sensitive skin I buy baby sun block spf 50 sun block dosnt cause cancer but the sun does that's why we need sun block because it helps. Prevent cancer .I thought everyone knew that lol I do burn but I also tan I don't burn if I have sun block on
babie113
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 1:24 AM
I buy water babies spf 50
Tracie1984
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:24 AM

I use Bain de Soleil Orange Gelee SPF 4

My boys use Coppertone Pure and Simple Lotion SPF 50

mitch576
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:02 AM

i don't use sun block.. i use panama jack dark tanning oil! lol it has no spf.

but my kids use spf 50-75...

two out of three are more olive in tone.. but my middle guy? holy christmas i swear he's one step from having albinism! he's sooooooo pale and milky white. this is an older picture, like 2-3 years old but it's a great example of what i am speaking of.

yes those are siblings.. yes all three have both portuguese and lithuanian lineage...

the middle guy is just pasty! lol

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS
come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)