Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

get a job! comments and opinons welcome :) long but good..**EDIT!**

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:17 AM
  • 11 Replies

feel free to share your thoughts because this just confuses me ......

our neighbor across from us (a couple and their two GROWN SONS) are all living together none have jobs. the dad works on cars the wife follows him everywhere or plays outside with her cell phone and the sons well idk i never see them.

a month or so ago their water got turned off so they asked to use our water hose. no big deal (that turned into a month and a half) they also asked to hook up our waterhose to their washer to wash clothes.. ok no big deal (then it turned into an everyday thing) so after a month they paid their water and offered to pay half of our water bill (never did pay their half) also in that month the wife was asking for rides to the store (were in a small town so ok no big deal) then one morning im enjoying some disney cartoons with my DS when i get a knock at the door. it is the lady across the street from me asking if i can drive her 2 hours away... umm noo sorry i cant my husband is taking my car to work this evening (which he was my car is better on gas) she tells me well i was gonna give you a couple of bucks (she is looking at me like she is really mad i told her no) i told again im sorry but he is usign my car (and he had just got a big weight set from somebody so it was still in the back of his truck) she tells me she really wanted to go "hang out" while her husband was working on someones car... (ok i didnt get that) but she went on her way

soo yesterday night im hanging out about to put my little one to bed it was around 1030 i get a knock at my door. oooh noo who could this be at this hour? (i never get any visitors) so its my neighbor lady saying she needs to use the phone. i say ok you can come in and use my house phone. she tells me no ill use your cell phone .. ok sure i let her use it i guess she wanted to speak on the phone outside away from me. being the nosey person i am i looked to see who she called ..she erased (sp?) her calls.. lol well at 11:15-ish i get yet another knock on my door it was her again askign if she could take my cell phone to her house for a while she had calls to make.....(what? really? did she just ask me this? LOL) i nicely said oh my husband is supposed to be calling soon ((he works nights)) so she looks so pissed off at me lol but i said you may use my housephone so shes standing there staring at me. i said are you going to come in and use the phone? i guess she was wanting me to let her take my house phone to her house. well i only have a cord phone right now so i told her you will have to come in because i dont have a cordless phone right now.

i just dont understand this....do you? do you know anyone like this?  ive even had a conversation where she told me she does "side baby sitting jobs" that if i can take her to a dollar store out of town.. (sure no prob i love dollar stores) i told her well you know our bucees in town is hiring at 10.50 an hour is what they start off at and she just looked at me and said ohh no i dont want to work there..     shoot i would have taken it if i had a baby sitter :)

i know this was long but i just think its ridiculous they are doing this to us my husband is the only one that works ... its enough for the 3 of us but we cannot support anyone else

what should i say next time she comes? i dont want to be rude since they are relatives to friends of my husband in town..  any suggestions as to what i should say ?

OK SO IM NOT GOING TO LEND MY CAR/MONEY I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT DO YOU LADIES THINK OF IT.. OF COURSE IM NOT GOING TO LET THEM KEEP ON MOUCHING I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD THIS HAPPENED..I FIND IT SO ODD FOR PEOPLE TO BE LIKE THIS..... I WAS HOPING FOR SOME FUNNY COMMENTS TOO.=)

by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shortysashious2
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:22 AM

You should stop helping them first off.  I love helping people but they get to a point where they expect it...hence the reason she is getting mad when you do tell her no.  I would stop helping them completely.  You aren't there to help them because they can't help themselves.  I lived in a duplex one time and we had neighbors like this.  They came over all the time to use our phone.  I found out they were calling people to get drugs...immediately stopped answering the door to them and never had another problem.  The next time she comes I would be straight forward with her.  Point blank.  So what if you're rude, she's being rude with how she's acting and expecting that you help her.

college.mom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:23 AM

I would just tell her no from now on.  I understand the whole family thing, but they will milk it forever.  My husbands aunt lived next door to us and we were on a shared water meter she never once paid the water bill while we lived there (it was half and half) we paid our half but she didnt, eventually my water got shut off and I had two babies in the house.  We moved because I didnt want to deal with it.

1_hawt_mami
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:26 AM

lol they arent even family.. what sucks is that i live in a trailer (on a piece of land were in the country sort of) and you can hear everything. i think i want to put pater over my front door i have alot of "diamond shaped glass in the middle and my son runs to the door and peeks under the curtain so i cant hide from anyone haha.

Quoting college.mom:

I would just tell her no from now on.  I understand the whole family thing, but they will milk it forever.  My husbands aunt lived next door to us and we were on a shared water meter she never once paid the water bill while we lived there (it was half and half) we paid our half but she didnt, eventually my water got shut off and I had two babies in the house.  We moved because I didnt want to deal with it.

1_hawt_mami
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:27 AM

i know i was telling my husband we need to have a talk with them enough is enough... her husband isnt like that though.. i just think she doesnt have manners or lacks common sense?

Quoting shortysashious2:

You should stop helping them first off.  I love helping people but they get to a point where they expect it...hence the reason she is getting mad when you do tell her no.  I would stop helping them completely.  You aren't there to help them because they can't help themselves.  I lived in a duplex one time and we had neighbors like this.  They came over all the time to use our phone.  I found out they were calling people to get drugs...immediately stopped answering the door to them and never had another problem.  The next time she comes I would be straight forward with her.  Point blank.  So what if you're rude, she's being rude with how she's acting and expecting that you help her.

1_hawt_mami
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:33 AM

BUMP!

shortysashious2
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Probably lacks common sense.  Lol.  I would be embarrassed if I ever asked anyone to do so much for me.  What happened to independent people?  Yep, would so feel like a worthless person if I couldn't do something as simple as pay my own phone bill.  That's just me.  Maybe you need to make her husband aware of how his wife is acting?  Have a sit down with her and her husband with your husband there as well.  It might embarrass her enough to make her stop. 

Quoting 1_hawt_mami:

i know i was telling my husband we need to have a talk with them enough is enough... her husband isnt like that though.. i just think she doesnt have manners or lacks common sense?

Quoting shortysashious2:

sati769leigh

honey its more than time enough f ryou to JUST SAY NO and not be used like this anymore. dont be rude of course. but just say NO . you dont have to even open your door to her.

RmeWifey01

I agree. You need to be straight with her. Tell her you are sick of her mooching, and if she cannot pay for what she uses, then the answer is NO! Point-blank!

Quoting shortysashious2:

Shaye_e
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:45 AM

I agree. Tell her no. I had a neighbor like that and I just stopped answering the door/phone. They started out by asking for rides all the time, then suddenly I turned into a free babysitter EVERY DAY, then they actually started asking if they could borrow my car. No, no, no. Trust me, it will only get worse and they'll start asking for even more if you don't stop them now.

AquarianPath
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Uh STOP helping them!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)