Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

better homes and gardens is against breastfeeding in public! *piog* UPDATE

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:52 AM
  • 145 Replies

has anyone seen this? BH&G wrote an article about dining out with children and in it said that breastfeeding should be taken to the restroom! i don't know about you, but that disgusts me! isn't there a saying that says "don't eat where you $h**"? so what were they thinking?

here's the article:
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/the-10-commandments-of-dining-with-little-kids-1466320/

and if you're on facebook---

here's a group for boycotting BH&G:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124124700942548#!/group.php?gid=124124700942548&v=info

and here's BH&G's fan page so you can tell them how you feel about this article:
http://www.facebook.com/mybhg

i went back to look at the article today and noticed that it was edited. i know some of you noticed it, too. i am happy to see that they listened to all of the comments left on their fanpage on fb. :)

i'm a proud young, unmarried, non-vaxing, non-spanking, co-sleeping, nurse-on-demand, disposable diaper using, occasional formula feeding, baby wearing, binkie giving, tattooed, vegetarian, 21 year old SAH momma to a 2 year old little diva and a 7 month old baby boy. i am also MADLY in love with the most amazing guy ever, who just happens to be their father <3

by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bos_Boo
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:56 AM

I bf both of mine and think you should either cover up or go somewhere private. It's not hard and I had no clue there were women that were actually immoral enough to think it's okay to bf uncovered in a public place until I joined this site.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 1:58 AM

wow, I usually cover but I have not covered that said what a stupid magazine.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 2:01 AM

What would be a four star resturant??

MNLETLE
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:03 AM

I have seen this and frankly, I think it's ridiculous. In my opinion, there isn't ANY place that is inappropriate to breast feed.

MNLETLE
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:03 AM

Immoral? Seriously? What's immoral about discreetly feeding ones child?

Quoting Bos_Boo:

I bf both of mine and think you should either cover up or go somewhere private. It's not hard and I had no clue there were women that were actually immoral enough to think it's okay to bf uncovered in a public place until I joined this site.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3 is on the way!!!

JenB1983
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:04 AM

LOL, no kidding.

Quoting MNLETLE:

Immoral? Seriously? What's immoral about discreetly feeding ones child?

Quoting Bos_Boo:

**Admit it; it's more interesting then another "how I parent" siggy**

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 2:05 AM

when my boobie babies were hungry they were fed. better homes and gardens can kiss my ass. yes, i was so immoral that i fed my hungry children. bite me.

SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on May. 24, 2010 at 2:06 AM
Its a good thing only dimwits follow advice in bullshit magazines.
crazymama0286
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:06 AM

I would feel weird if I didn't cover up. I couldn't just pull out my boob in public.

sati769leigh
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:06 AM

welp that is now a magaazine i wil never bother buying again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)