Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone had their baby all alone (at hospital) gone alone, come home alone?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:25 AM
  • 32 Replies
I'm on the pity pot tonight. I'm due in a couple weeks - no one is comming to help with my kids (6,4, 2) and dh is probably going to be out of town.
I guess I thought someone (family) would have stepped up knowing I'm here all alone - I even asked dh's stepmom if she could come and never heard back.
So I am looking for a sitter , I asked dh if hed pay for a doula to be with me when I have the baby and he kinda laughed. He cares he might miss the birth but no one cares ill be driving myself to the hospital and be in labor all alone.
I just feel so alone - no one cares I'm having a baby - even if they think its not a good situation - I'm still a mom and I need someone there with me.
Last time they left me in hard labor alone in room with dh - are they going to leave me there all alone by myself because no one cares enough to be there.

I only have one 'friend' out here - a close aquaintence, I hardly know her but we talk - I wonder if its terribly innappropriate to ask her to come
Idk - anyone in south ft.worth area?

I figure I'm not the only momma who's dealt with this - I'm sure lots of military moms have their baby's alone - was it ok?
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 2:26 AM

BUMP!

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 2:27 AM
I'm in Mansfield. Who is going to keep your kids?
MsDean
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Well if you are completly alone I would think the nurses will be very supportive. I really have no advice, sorry.

sunfreezeinmi
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Sorry, I wish I could help you. I know it'll be tough and scary but I'm sure you'll be okay. Good luck!

marissaj125
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:29 AM

awe =[ sorry momma! i think it would be fine to ask your friend. and if we were close together i would totaly be there for you and help out! becuase i know i would hate to be in that situation and i know i would nvr be.

Sweet_Britt
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:30 AM

Yikes! I would for sure ask a friend. Or since you said your DH would "probably be out of town" I would try making sure he's NOT...lol. 

Hopefully, you're not alone for birth and someone comes down to help!

Pregnancy%20ticker

1_hawt_mami
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:31 AM

im sorry you are going through this.. you could ask her if she would like to come with you for moral support im sure she wouldnt mind.. it couldnt hurt to ask :)

mamabear100109
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:31 AM
the last part was unnecessary.
anyways, i only had someone with me after i had my daughter, but went home alone, and the nurses really are super supportive. they're very understanding and helpful. they're there to make you comfortable and happy!

Quoting marissaj125:

awe =[ sorry momma! i think it would be fine to ask your friend. and if we were close together i would totaly be there for you and help out! becuase i know i would hate to be in that situation and i know i would nvr be.

hfs1998
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:32 AM

I drove myself to the hospital while in labor with my last and labored by myself for hours.  But my dh did show up for the birth.  He wasn't able to get my calls that I was in the hospital because Verizon had messed up our cell service.  When he got home from work that day, he figured I was at my mother's or something so he took a nap.  Nice!  Our son was born 5 wks early so it wasn't on anyone' s mind that he would come that day.  Then during my hospital stay, Dh wasn't around much because he was finishing teaching a summer course at a university AND he was scrambling to get things done at home (like the entire nursery).  It sucked being alone.  No one came to stay with me, but they did watch my kids which I am grateful for.  It would have been nice to have had some company during the day though.  I was worried about my little boy AND I was recovering from a c-section.  It was hard.

Because of my experiences, I feel so bad for you.  Yeah it will probably suck and be hard.  You can do it though.  I would ask that friend for help.  It might make you into even better friends, a bonding experience.  You don't have to be superwoman, maybe.  And if you do, you will.

BTW, when are you due?  I'm due wiht #4 on 6/18.

kgsharber
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2010 at 2:32 AM

We have 4 kids. When I was in labor w/ #4 I knew before hand DH would have to come to  check on the kids and there would be stretches of time I would possibly be alone. Before my due date I went in and met some of the nurses and chatted them up and told them the circumstances and they were great. Luckily it all happened so fast that I was never alone and we had it all covered for the most part, lol.

But it can be hard. I do understand that. I would tell DH he IS paying for a doula, if I was in your predicament, that would not even be an option.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)