Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

iud --- tmi need help please!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:34 AM
  • 5 Replies

ok i have an iud i got it april 28th and its been ok til this last week i started my period normal period and all well im still bleeding and it is bright red i have had a little cramping but not anything that bothers me and yesterday night and this morning i had burning like a bladder infection only it doesnt burn to pee just every once in a while it burns... however hubby and i have hd sex several times and he hasn't felt it well last night we had sex and we got done and he was like wtf it felt like something cut me! well afterward i cleaned up and went to check the strings and sure enough i literally stuck a fingertip maybe a little more in and there were the strings! what do i do im calling the dr in the morning i have a dr apptmy 28th for my one month string check... gah i don't wanna tell hubby because he will so upset we just had twins so really cant afford anymore babies right now but i din't want my tubes tied!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
marissaj125
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:38 AM

well one, tomorrow you should go and get the morning after pill just incase, and hopefully when you call your dr. in the morning you will get an App. as soon as possible! that sounds painfull though, it might be coming out or is already out.

steph2884
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:52 AM

I had to go back a few weeks after having Mirena put in because I was bleeding heavily, and it felt like the strings were outside of me. My midwife cut the strings and tucked them around my cervix. After they insert the iud, things will move around and adjust and sometimes they just have to cut the strings a bit, no big deal. They won't cut them too short though. I can still feel mine, but they aren't hanging outside of me anymore either!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
steph2884
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:54 AM

I should also say that unless you feel something other than the strings coming out of your cervix, you shouldn't be scared that the iud is out of place. I though mine was out of place but I was told it was just because the strings weren't cut short enough.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Michelle2003mom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:58 AM

It could be that things are settling. As long as you didn't feel anything else, you should be fine. The doc can cut them to make sure hubby doesn't get poked anymore. 

my3boys0710
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:19 PM

well i didnt like try to feel my cervix to see i just know my husband said it felt like something sharp so i went to check and barely had to even go inside and i could feel them an i am bleeding heavily off and on and its bright red! i have a appt tomorrow at 1 for a string check and what not i thought it was friday but nope its tomorrow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)