Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I almost Killed the lady at Walmart.......Really!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:34 AM
  • 4 Replies

So we were at Walmart yesterday and I was apalled over the insensitivity! People's stupidity should not surprise me, but always does!

S0 we were checking out and my 3 yr old with autism was SO done.  She was melting down and so overstimulated.  And their was a older lady there and she giving me all sorts of dirty looks.  DH and I are used to it, and just ignore it.

So then we got outside by the garden area and DH went to get the car and the girls and I waiting (cus I can not walk long distances).  Well by now Lilly was stimming out-doing self stimulating behaviors to calm herself! 

She was smelling (not touching) flowers and singing to herself and kinda dancin.  And the same old Lady asked her to move rudely.  Which was silly cus she could go around her, she was just being a pain.  So, since Lilly was lost in her own world, she did not hear her.  So, the lady Yelled "Excuse me!" and when Lilly did not move I walked over and moved her. And of course got rewarded by her rolling her eyes. 

So, 2 minutes later the lady came back aroung the side and Lilly was spinning and singing.  And that *&$# lady looked at her and said, "What is Wrong With You?" loudly!  I was beyond pissed!  I looked straight at her and said, "Nothing is wrong with her! What is wrong with you saying something like that to a 3 yr old!"  She got all flushed and huffy and stomped off!  OMG! The nerve! 

Okay, vent done! Just had to get that out! I hate insensitivity and intollerence for differences!!!!!!!!!

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 5 yrs, Lilly 3 yrs, Molly born 6/19/09 and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my wonderful husband Jeff for 6 yrs,  I am a domestic violence survivor,  infant loss survivor, swine flu 30 days in a medically induced coma survivor,  I am a attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, and a passionate breastfeeding momma who will breastfeed anywhere anytime my baby is hungry, My girls are my everything and I live for them! =-) That is me in a nutshell!

Worried about the swine flu? Join us:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/H1N1swineflu

by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommytoNandA
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:41 AM

What a biotch!  I would have went off on her too.

KatieMommy9303
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:45 AM

I would have given her more of my mind than that! People are so rude and should mind their own business. It's not like your little girl was bothering her at all (like bumping into her or anything) Ugh, I would have been pissed!

momof2little1s
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Exactly! Sadly i am used to this stuff!

Quoting KatieMommy9303:

I would have given her more of my mind than that! People are so rude and should mind their own business. It's not like your little girl was bothering her at all (like bumping into her or anything) Ugh, I would have been pissed!

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 5 yrs, Lilly 3 yrs, Molly born 6/19/09 and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my wonderful husband Jeff for 6 yrs,  I am a domestic violence survivor,  infant loss survivor, swine flu 30 days in a medically induced coma survivor,  I am a attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, and a passionate breastfeeding momma who will breastfeed anywhere anytime my baby is hungry, My girls are my everything and I live for them! =-) That is me in a nutshell!

Worried about the swine flu? Join us:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/H1N1swineflu

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 12:24 PM

what a pain!   i am sorry people are that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)