Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I to lax???? Or is this overboard????

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:02 AM
  • 18 Replies

So I get a note..like every year...but this seems so over the top to me?? Maybe I am just to trusting???? (Annual swim party for 10-11 year olds)...Mine DO wear a T even over a one piece...but that's just us...this seems silly to me....

GIRLS~wear a one piece bathing suit if you have one. If not, you must wear a coloured t-shirt (NOT white) over your two-piece. If you forget a coloured t-shirt to wear over your two-piece, you will NOT swim. One-piece with cut outs on the sides are considered two-piece.

Boy and Girls do NOT swim at the same time. While one group swims, the other plays in the gym or game room.

Thank You 5th Grade teachers.

Maybe I am just old but I think this is over the top?? Your thoughts?

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3infl
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Seems fine to me

anetrnlov
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:05 AM

WAY over the top, IMO....

BTW, totally off topic but thanks for your help....everything with the new house went perfectly.  When I went to the store to get my stones and supplies the owner wanted to know where I got my info because it was the best cleanse/protection "kit" she'd ever seen.  :-)

Just_Bethy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Quoting anetrnlov:

WAY over the top, IMO....

BTW, totally off topic but thanks for your help....everything with the new house went perfectly.  When I went to the store to get my stones and supplies the owner wanted to know where I got my info because it was the best cleanse/protection "kit" she'd ever seen.  :-)

Thanks...I am so glad everything is going great!..Congratz on your new house...

And I do see the t-shirt thing on the girls......if it was mixed swimming ...but it does seem to much to me...lol..

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

imthatgirl728

I think since it's for school they are just trying to make everyone happy. They have to walk a fine line here with parents who are this strict. so in order to make everyone happy they do it. It makes sense.

In real life...I think this is way overboard. But I have a 9yo wo wears bikinis so obviously I'm not this uptight.

luv2wahm

Maybe something has happened in the past that has prompted them to put these rules in place.

Jill0504

Honestly, I think it's a bit over the top!

Charweba

Is this their rules?? Then it's seems fine to me. Maybe whoever is throwing the party that is what they want.

candy.will

I THINK IT IS WAY OVER THE TOP MY KIDS PLAY IN THE POOL TOGETHER AND THEIR FRIENDS COME OVER AND GET IN I SEE NO PROBLEM AS LONG AS THEY ARE BEING SUPERVISED.

momto3infl
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:10 AM

I was thinking it was fine because being a school activity for 5th graders and knowing what I see with the kids in our school in 5th grade (my dd is this age) then I would rather them make the shirt issue and swim seperatly.  Not that I dont trust everyone, its just I have seen too many things right in front of the teachers happen.

candy.will
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:10 AM

MY FIVE YEAR OLD WEARS A BIKINI WE JUST HAVE HER PUT A SHIRT ON WHEN SHE GETS OUT OR AT LEAST A PAIR OF SHORTS. I SEE NO PROBLEM WITH IT MYSELF.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)