Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

White moms with black babies.. *EDIT*

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:13 AM
  • 253 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you agree with my mother?

Options:

Yes.

No.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 247

View Results

Just wondering everyone's opinions.. my mother says white women should not have babies with black men unless they know how to fix ethnic hair. She sees kids all the time with really unruly hair (not on purpose, like a taken-care-of-afro) and really feels sorry for them. She says their white moms should learn how to do their hair BEFORE they are born, or they shouldn't breed.

What do you think?

EDIT: Okay maybe she should have said THEY SHOULD LEARN HOW TO DO HAIR. Maybe that's what she meant. I'm not sure. She's a BIT extreme in ALL of her views.

I also find this viewpoint hilarious coming from her. Why? Because she's white, I'm white, and I had the most ratty ass tangly hair as a kid unless A)my dad fixed it or B)I fixed it myself. She didn't even put my hair in a ponytail.

Ask me how I can help turn your daughter into a PRINCESS!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:14 AM

With what part of it?

imthatgirl728
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:14 AM

I now white women who can't fix their white daughters hair either....being able to do hair is not a requirement of motherhood.

savannahnhi
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:15 AM

my SIL is white and have a daughter with a black guy; and my MIL feel the same way your mom does.

chocokitty88
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Quoting imthatgirl728:

I now white women who can't fix their white daughters hair either....being able to do hair is not a requirement of motherhood.

Just_Bethy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Some mothers are just idle...They cant be bothered to take the time to do the child's hair...some are natural and just leave it alone...This goes for ALL races..lol..I seen some terrible looking white kids too!!!

gulfcoastmom4
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Quoting imthatgirl728:

sweetpea1269
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Then I shouldn't have girls of any race, I'm not the hair fixin type...

Thank goodness for boys!

judybant
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:18 AM

While I DO agree with your Mom to some degree, I also think that every Mom should learn how to at least comb a kid's hair, maybe utilize a ponytail holder now and then? My sister in law made me insane. My nieces always looked like they just rolled out of bed. I got to the point where I went to their house in the morning on MY way to school, to get their hair done, so they didn't look that way. And they were both little blonde white girls.

princeNpryncess
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Quoting imthatgirl728:

wedding planning guide

I AM A 21 YR OLD MOMMY TO JULIUS 3YRS OLD & ANGELIESE 1YRS OLD. I HAD JULIUS WHEN I WAS 17 YEARS OLD AND I DO NOT REGRET IT AT ALL!! I LOVE MY HUBBY, HE WORKS VERY HARD TO MAKE SURE ME AND OUR KIDS ARE TAKEN CARE OF. MY LITTLE PRINCESS HAS A HEART PROBLEM CALLED SVT AND SHE IS OUR LITTLE ANGEL BECAUSE WE ALMOST LOST HER WHEN SHE WAS 2 WEEKS OLD DUE TO HER HEART PROBLEM. JULIUS IS THE MOST ACTIVE 3 YEAR OLD EVER!! HE DOES THE CUTEST THINGS AND HE TELLS ME ABOUT 100 TIMES A DAY THAT HE LOVES ME AND THAT ALWAYS MAKES ME SMILE!! HUBBY HAS BEEN AT BASIC TRAINING AT FORT LEONARD WOOD MISSOURI SINCE MARCH 17, 2010:(

maynaysmom
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 9:19 AM

I think that might be a bit harsh, but I do feel horrible when I see unkempt children of any race.

ETA:  But I do know many white moms who won't even attempt to do anything with their biracial daughters hair because they do not know how and are intimidated by it...and yes, they should learn!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN