Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG I'm letting me daughter...........(OK, seriously?? NO bashing)

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:19 AM
  • 44 Replies

She's skipping school today to go have fun with the family!  LOL

Ok, so let me explain a little.  Usually we have no money to do anything because after we pay bills it's gone.  We got a check from the IRS for an amendment on our taxes, and it's a lot bigger than we expected, so after we caught up on bills and rent and everything, we decided to go to Bloomington today.  I wanted to go to goodwill mainly because these poor kids need clothes BAD. 

My 10 yr old stepdaughter has been wanted to go down there for quite a while, and usually we go down there while she's in school because of appts, and we're back before she gets out of school.  Their last day of school is tomorrow, and today they're just having games day, so I gave her a choice.  She could either come with us or she could go to school and have her games day.  She wanted to come with us because she hardly goes anywhere because she's always at school.  We're gonna have a great family outing today.

I found this place in the phone book called "Make A Mess Kid's Center" that sounds AWESOME!!!  They have everything that you wouldn't let your kids do!!  Write on walls, play in water and sand inside, throw slime balls at the wall and make them stick, etc.  It sounds AWESOME!!  I'll def have to post some pics!  I think I'm more excited to go there than the kids!  LOL 

Please, please PLEASE keep the bashing to a ZERO!!! I normally don't let my kids skip school, but we wanted a family day on my husband's day off(those are far and few between without appts going on) while we still have some money left over.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allurasmamma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Thats cool with me.

PTBAAMom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:21 AM

sounds like a blast to me

SkroveMomma

who cares!?! Kids deserve to play hookie once in a while just like we do. And I am a college graduate who got a 4.2 GPA in high school and skipped class all the time! HAVE FUN!!!!

i.love.mike

Have fun. :o)  No bashing here!

KandiceN
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Eh it's the 2nd to last day of school, as long as all the testing is done, who cares?  Have fun, that mess place sounds like a Blast!! I wonder if we have one around here....

harvgal04

Its almost the last day, they are doing nothing in school besides games anyways. so not bashing from me lol i'm sure ur not the only mom haha.

Have fun with your family day! And that place sounds awesome. We wanna go to this place in Philly, its called the "please touch museum.

turtletastik

Woohoo...everyone needs to play hookie every now and then

StellarJKD
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:23 AM

my mom used to do that for us every now and again!! It was cool, becuase not only did we get to go do soemthing fun, we felt like we were doing something forbidden by skipping, even though we had permission :)

1busymomma03
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:23 AM

I would never bash you for that!! I let my kids skip school sometimes too. We just went camping last weekend, and they ended up missing 3 whole days. LOL.

It's the end of the school year...they aren't learning anything new now anyway. Hope you all have a great day!!! =)

chocokitty88
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Have fun!! My mom used to let me skip to have fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)