Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You can not come to work becuase you have your period?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:26 AM
  • 61 Replies

My husband told me that he have to work a double shift today because one his employee all off because she has her period?  what?? 

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dimples04
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Some people have severe cramps/bleeding during thier "normal" period.  Maybe she is one of those people & the first day or 2 is worse than most peoples worst day. IDK

Tatiana7
by Princess on May. 24, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Bahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Nice try! I have horrendous periods...never called off work for it.  I NEEDED money.

mom22tumblebugs
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Maybe her cramps are debillitating for her? I know of someone back in college who literally could not getout of bed and stand up straight. Just because periods are easy for most, does not mean everyone out there has it easy.

StellarJKD
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I wish I could get away with that!! Seriously though, there are women who can barely move through the pain during their period. I had a friend in high school who missed a lot of class from it, and she definitley wasn't faking anything. I felt so bad for her

ajscarver

Yea it's a shocker I know, but it's not that uncommon. I have personally never done this, but I do know a few family members that have and it wasn't to just take the day off, there periods are that bad and trust me its not a joke. I've seen it 1st hand and couldn't believe they can actually get that bad to the point they can't function or even drive let alone go to work. I hope I never have to deal with a period that bad....lol

rylymama

Mine is this way since pregnancy.  It is horrible and very embarassing when you have to go to the bathroom like every 5 minutes.  I've also had such bad cramping that I thought labor pains were mild compare to the cramps.

Quoting Dimples04:

Some people have severe cramps/bleeding during thier "normal" period.  Maybe she is one of those people & the first day or 2 is worse than most peoples worst day. IDK

Krissy21

Maybe she was having some other personal problem that she didn't feel like sharing with everyone.

UxorQuodMatris

I'm usually puking on the first day of mine...

momma2b2008
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:32 AM

WTF!!!! I wish I could take off when I got my period!!!! I have never heard of calling off because your on your period!!! Must be nice!!! If I were her boss I would have told her to get her ass into work, but then I probably would be a boss for to much longer after that!

klianemcb2
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:32 AM

The second day of my period every month I stayed home in hs, I would sit in the tub all day. I had narcotic painkillers and bled like crazy. I have cysts that make me horrible, so yes I believe it

Quoting StellarJKD:

I wish I could get away with that!! Seriously though, there are women who can barely move through the pain during their period. I had a friend in high school who missed a lot of class from it, and she definitley wasn't faking anything. I felt so bad for her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)