Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think as a mother, you have already matured?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:52 AM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: Maturity

Options:

Yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

How did you matured?What has changed you maturely since you became a mother? If not, why do you think you still haven't. What are the childish things you still do and  find hard to change? All opinions will be respected by yours truly. Thanks

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tatar
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:57 AM

you could answer anonymously as well

imthatgirl728
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:59 AM

I really have no answer for that. I guess it depends what you mean by "childish". I still love to eat my icecream right from the carton and love waterslides.....but I can also throw on a killer pair of heels and talk politics with the best of them.

So yeah....I'm just me and always have been.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 10:00 AM

In some ways, yes, and in others no. I'm human, and like all other humans, I will continue to grow and change until the day I die.

sati769leigh
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:00 AM

I would say that in settling down and getting married, having our 7 year old has definitely matured me in that I am no longer going out to party all hours, my spending habits have matured to see the need of being frugal, smart with my money etc .

what has not yet matured is my major sense of selfishness. I am still on a very base level a very selfish person. i am told that ties in to my addiction recovery and bi-polar. that being self centric is a normal symptom to be worked on for this things? but i dislike that in myself greatly and find it to be a very very immature way tobehave

tatar
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:01 AM

lol! Me, I still love to watch cartoons. I get up late and I hate that part. I wish I could just wake up everyday early for my family That I have to change.

Quoting imthatgirl728:

I really have no answer for that. I guess it depends what you mean by "childish". I still love to eat my icecream right from the carton and love waterslides.....but I can also throw on a killer pair of heels and talk politics with the best of them.

So yeah....I'm just me and always have been.

tatar
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Love it

Quoting wickedfiress:

In some ways, yes, and in others no. I'm human, and like all other humans, I will continue to grow and change until the day I die.

tatar
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Thanks Sati for being so honest. One thing I like about you:) I agree, being a mother, you learn to give up some of the spending habits we did when we were younger. I gave up buying things for myself when I had my  child and learned t be frugal as well. I don't go out as much as I did before too. What I thought was important before I had my child doesn't seem that important to me anymore.

Quoting sati769leigh:

I would say that in settling down and getting married, having our 7 year old has definitely matured me in that I am no longer going out to party all hours, my spending habits have matured to see the need of being frugal, smart with my money etc .

what has not yet matured is my major sense of selfishness. I am still on a very base level a very selfish person. i am told that ties in to my addiction recovery and bi-polar. that being self centric is a normal symptom to be worked on for this things? but i dislike that in myself greatly and find it to be a very very immature way tobehave

TinaN64
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:08 AM

I didn't answer the poll, but I will say that I have found myself more patient, willing to wait for things and more willing to put myself last behind the kids. 

katiexoxo
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:09 AM
i have stopped dressing like a hoochie, i have stopped drinking and doing drugs, i now take care of my daughter and df and cook clean, etc. also i have a full time job and i'm going to school in the fall. the ways i haven't matured: i'm a huge gamer and still play WoW and other games, and i like wearing my transformers hoodie, lol. every time i wear it with dd they say i'm more like babysitter than mom. whatever! i love robots :)
sati769leigh
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:11 AM

thanks hon! i am a work in progress.

Quoting tatar:

Thanks Sati for being so honest. One thing I like about you:) I agree, being a mother, you learn to give up some of the spending habits we did when we were younger. I gave up buying things for myself when I had my  child and learned t be frugal as well. I don't go out as much as I did before too. What I thought was important before I had my child doesn't seem that important to me anymore.

Quoting sati769leigh:

My happiness is me, not you. Not only because you may be temporary,

but because you want me to be What I am not. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)