Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone in Ottawa, IL?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:56 AM
  • 7 Replies

I want to take my DL test soon. I'm doing better at the whole driving thing and my SO wants me to get a job soon. So has anyone taken the test before? Or better yet in Ottawa, IL?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NEWMOMOF1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:57 AM

BUMP!

tracey111005
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 10:03 AM

I live by Peoria but I will give you a bump!

ff-princess
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:13 AM

I have taken the test before, be careful of the parallel parking bit - that's the part most people fail on.  they really want you to get that car in in 2 - 3 moves.

I've never taken the test in Ottawa, I did take it once in Galesburg and one in Waukegan.  it was the same test in both places, the only difference was the wait time.

ff-princess
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:15 AM

oh, and be VERY obvious about checking your mirrors about 3 times what you normally would check them.  also, make sure to put your seatbelt on and adjust your mirrors before you even start the car.  good luck!

mommyfroggy0305
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:15 AM

I live in Sandwich but heres a bump for ya.

lovelily79
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:17 AM

I'm in Morris, haven't taken the test out there before though......just make sure to stop completely at stop signs. That's a big thing too, stop & count to like 3 in your head lol

lovelily79
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:19 AM

do they still do that? YIKES, when I got mine I did it in my home town Aurora, and they didn't have me do that.......thank God cause I would have failed that majorly!!

Quoting ff-princess:

I have taken the test before, be careful of the parallel parking bit - that's the part most people fail on.  they really want you to get that car in in 2 - 3 moves.

I've never taken the test in Ottawa, I did take it once in Galesburg and one in Waukegan.  it was the same test in both places, the only difference was the wait time.

love.gif picture by tanyalee0418

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)