Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

someone help me please! i need fancy/cheap/easy hors d'oeuvres /finger food for wedding

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:08 AM
  • 24 Replies

well the title pretty much explains it all! i am running out of time to plan my wedding and i just dont know what kind of food to have.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
okchev73
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Sandwiches, Veggies, Fruit, Cheese & Crackers, Pigs in a blanket and pizza bagels, BUFFALO WINGS!!!, miniature hamburgers,hors d'oeuvre made with chestnuts wrapped in bacon.Cocktail sausages, sausage rolls, Cocktail foods.. IE cheese,pickle,ham,pineapple. A cheese board. Dips and dippers. Salad, Spicy chicken..drummers and wings, Ribs. King Prawn Ring... hope some of these will help you out

nbr1sahm
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I have some good ones for you... bacon wrapped water chestnuts (yummo!); Bruchetta (I'll pm you the recipe... couldn't be easier and it's a cold item); cheesy bacon wraps (also easy and good... can be frozen before baking and put in the oven before you are ready to serve); Cheese and sausage tray?

stefvan
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:21 AM

We had finger sandwiches, veggies and fruit trays and I can't remember what else!  LOL  Meatballs, pinwheels, cheese trays are a bit hit at our office functions.

mandalouwhotn
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:21 AM

The cheapest way to feed a large group is pasta.  Do a few trays of baked ziti, get some salad and bread sticks.  Its super easy, so much cheaper and everyone will feel like they got a real meal.  When I plan weddings on the cheap, that's always what I recommend to my brides.

exceptalilfish
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:23 AM

thanks both of you those are some really good ideas! i have never had a water chestnut i dont even know what it is lol. well i thought i did but obviously not because what i am thinking you couldnt wrap bacon around lmao. anyways, i'm def. gonna have cheese/cracker/delimeat tray and lots of fruits and a chocolate fountain. 

exceptalilfish
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:25 AM

the problem with us having a sit down dinner is we are planning on not everyone sitting down at the same time. we are going to have fewer tables and chairs than people. everyone keeps assuring me this will be okay because not everyone will be sitting at the same time.

Quoting mandalouwhotn:

The cheapest way to feed a large group is pasta.  Do a few trays of baked ziti, get some salad and bread sticks.  Its super easy, so much cheaper and everyone will feel like they got a real meal.  When I plan weddings on the cheap, that's always what I recommend to my brides.

TheTaoOfKim
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:25 AM

I would come up with an easy, small menu and ask for help from anyone willing.

Somethings will require a bit more effort but the cost will be low. I don't think I can even help with the fancy/cheap/easy = )

TheTaoOfKim
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:26 AM

what is your budget for food and how many people will be attending? 

exceptalilfish
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:28 AM

probably somewhere around 300 dollars. and probably 50 adults and a handful of kids at reception

Quoting TheTaoOfKim:

what is your budget for food and how many people will be attending? 

nbr1sahm
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:30 AM

You want fancy? Here is something that wouldn't really be that expensive, but LOOK like it cost a thousand bucks...

you could probably have someone do a smaller one for about $100 since it's just blocks of ice. the shimp you can get at a bulk food store like sams. I wouldn't do the blocks on the side with the coctail sauce... just fancy bowls to match your theme. Depending on how much shrimp you would need for the number of guests attending, you could probably pull this off for about $300 and it would be totally worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)