Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spin off cleaning post

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:40 AM
  • 10 Replies

I see moms on here say they clean once a week ect...  How is your house not nasty? What do you consider cleaning?

I clean daily and do a deep clean once a week, maybe I consider cleaning and deep cleaning different then other people.

What do you consider deep cleaning? How often do you do it?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I change sheets, do laundry, dust, scrub bathrooms, mop and vacuum once a week.  Sometimes, if it's needed, I'll vacuum more than once a week.  I'll sweep a couple times a week too.  Everything else is tidying up daily.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on May. 24, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Same here...I do laundry 2 or more times a week though.  With my 2 younger ones I have a lot of laundry to do. 

Quoting jillbailey26:

I change sheets, do laundry, dust, scrub bathrooms, mop and vacuum once a week.  Sometimes, if it's needed, I'll vacuum more than once a week.  I'll sweep a couple times a week too.  Everything else is tidying up daily.

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 11:55 AM

i keep everything clean. deep cleaning i guess to me would be washing floor boards and dusting the tipy top of shelves i cant reach. and i do that once a week. my son has sever allergies so i got into this routine of keeping things clean when he was born and it just stuck i guess. lol

two4one
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:58 AM

We tidy up, do the dishes, vacuum, make the beds, wipe down the bathroom and clean the kitchen counters every day. Deep cleaning to me is dusting, getting on my hands and knees to hand clean in the corners of the floor, wiping down the walls, cleaning the tub, etc.

Dh and I both work. There is no time to clean every single thing every single day.

confused0701
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 11:59 AM

I take it a room a day!  I just don't have the energy to do it all in one day and with dd's allergies and asthma it has to be done routinely.  The sheets on her bed are changed daily, mine are once a week!  I do laundry every day and at least 2 loads a day or I get behind! 

gulfcoastmom4
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Quoting confused0701:

I take it a room a day!  I just don't have the energy to do it all in one day and with dd's allergies and asthma it has to be done routinely.  The sheets on her bed are changed daily, mine are once a week!  I do laundry every day and at least 2 loads a day or I get behind! 

I have to do laundry daily also, especially with 5 people.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 5:11 PM

I guess noone else deep cleans anything?

liz.1986
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Mondays are my days to do deep cleaning.... like sweep and mop bathroom/kitchen/front hallway, clean the bathtub/toilet/sink/mirror, clean off any clutter that accumulated on the counters over the week, dust.... stuff like that. Laundry I do almost daily. I vacuum, pick up toys, do the dishes, and make the beds daily also.

Jellybean82
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 5:23 PM

We do dishes, take out the trash, and generally straighten up daily.  Sweeping, vacuuming, and bathrooms get done once or twice a week.  Mopping and dusting once every 1-2 weeks.  My husband and I both work full time and we have two kids.  For us, it's a choice between having a spotless house and having time for the kids, eachother, and ourselves.  We've decided a spotless house is not important.

jeromeo
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Me too!  I agree.  I have a sign on the wall that says "It is what it is"  !  I do the best I can but we both work long hours and have 4 children.  If you don't like it, don't come over!

Quoting Jellybean82:

We do dishes, take out the trash, and generally straighten up daily.  Sweeping, vacuuming, and bathrooms get done once or twice a week.  Mopping and dusting once every 1-2 weeks.  My husband and I both work full time and we have two kids.  For us, it's a choice between having a spotless house and having time for the kids, eachother, and ourselves.  We've decided a spotless house is not important.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)