Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Camping food

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:24 PM
  • 33 Replies

Hi Ladies! We are going camping next week and I am putting a list of food together to bring. I was just wondering what your favorite things to eat are when you are camping,?Breakfast lunch or dinner? I am a vegetarian but the rest of the family isnt so all ideas are welcome! Thanks!!

siggy copy
vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermomofgirls
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:26 PM

smores around the campfire are yummy

Kaydence2010
by Maggie on May. 24, 2010 at 12:29 PM
Hotdogs hamburgers baked beans
do you have a portable stove? Because then you can take almost anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TygerLily62
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I always loved those little cereal boxes that you opened up and they turned into thier own bowls.

vegepunkstr

Definitely bringing those or the kids would kill me lol

Quoting supermomofgirls:

smores around the campfire are yummy

siggy copy
Stormy6669

I like to wrap corn, veggies, and potatoes in foil and set them in the campfire to cook. I also have a coleman stove and a bbq grill so I can cook anything. We even have eggs and hashbrowns for breakfast.

alexhuntercody

i went camping a few weeks ago. first time ever. I need a air mattrees. I cannot sleep in a sleeping bag. i was done when somethign crawled on my leg. lol.

we did subs, potato salad, chips, hamburgers and hotdogs. i also bought milk and little boxes of cereal and juice boxes for the kids.

SarahMcG1981
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:32 PM

we usually bring eggs and bacon for breakfast, stuff for sandwiches for lunch (like pb&j) and burgers and hot dogs for dinner and stuff for s'mores of course!

vegepunkstr
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Yum that sounds good. I can prob prep the veggies and put them in the foil before we go. Thanks!

Quoting Stormy6669:

I like to wrap corn, veggies, and potatoes in foil and set them in the campfire to cook. I also have a coleman stove and a bbq grill so I can cook anything. We even have eggs and hashbrowns for breakfast.

siggy copy
KristaP13
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:35 PM

My favorite thing to have for dinner when I used to go camping with my dad was (canned) Beef Stew.

BonitaM
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:36 PM

We always take anything snackpack: like pudding, fruit cups, granola bars, or crackers.  This is all good for going on a hike as well.  We also always take hotdogs, steak, potatoes, chips, marshmallows, hard boiled eggs, and lots of bottled water and pop.  Don't forget the paper plates, plastic spoons/forks/knives.  And picking up extra salt/pepper, ketchup/mustard, sugar/creamer and napkins everytime you go to a fast food restaurant of gas station.  They are so convenient.   Have a great time.  Camping is so much fun. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)