Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Citi?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:27 PM
  • 19 Replies

Anyone have any experiance with this credit card company/Bank? I ask because DH and I have an account with them. We make our payments and all that. Well last month we authorized ONE payment to be taken automatically from our checking account(not a Citi checking account) Well I just chacked out account and we are over drawn. It seems Citi, took it upon themselves to take another payment out, that we did not authorize. I called DH and asked him if maybe he had done it and not told me, but he said no. Is this common practice with them? We made sure to set up payments to come out right on payday, which is not untill friday, so for them to take it in the middle of the week is really odd.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:28 PM

We just took a loan out through Citi Financial...they have been great but I don't know if that is the same company.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 12:29 PM

citi is evil.

KelliandScott
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:29 PM

We had one credit card with Citi and had a very similar experience. We authorized one payment to be taken out of our account (like yours, it was with a different bank) and they took that as a "auto-debit every month" type of thing. They gave us complete hell about it when we tried to fix it (and, stop the auto debiting out of that account each month). Finally, we were able to just pay off the entire credit card, and close everything with Citi. It was a NIGHTMARE.

alexhuntercody
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:29 PM

are you sure you set it up for a one time thing? I know i have them and most of them are overseas and can't really understand me that well. I have citibank and citimortgage. I honestly hate them. The people speak really broken english and are so hard to understand and they have the worst time understanding me.

nikilax
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Was this for an overdue bill or something in collections?

My advice: NEVER give your checking account number to anyone collecting a bill.

If this was just a regular payment, did you go to the website and set up the payment?  I would double check to see if you somehow missed a box or something that said to take this amount every month.

Did the day they took the money correspond to the payment you made last month?

I have two cards with Citi, but have always just set them up on the billpay feature of my checking account.

RheaF
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Yeah, pretty sure I set it up as a one time thing. I even asked the girl(she spoke perfect english) to make sure this was only coming out one time, she said that was the only payment they would take unless we called back and authorized another one. I am currently on hold(joy!!) with them now. Then I am calling our Bank and informing them not to allow anymore automatic debits to citi, unless we give our pass code. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with them.

RheaF
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Nope, it wasnt overdue, and no I dint give my checking account info, I gave my debit card info. Yes it was over the phone, but I called them using the number on the bill. I usually set up online automatic payments from our bank account, but forgot to last month, so I called it in. It is weird though, because the amount is random. Our monthly payment is $106, and this amount was $86. That is what has me confused.  

Quoting nikilax:

Was this for an overdue bill or something in collections?

My advice: NEVER give your checking account number to anyone collecting a bill.

If this was just a regular payment, did you go to the website and set up the payment?  I would double check to see if you somehow missed a box or something that said to take this amount every month.

Did the day they took the money correspond to the payment you made last month?

I have two cards with Citi, but have always just set them up on the billpay feature of my checking account.

kjoarcik
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I have a card with them and I pay online, but I didn't set up monthly payments. I always just go on and make a one time payment. Sorry, I don't have any experience with the monthly automatic payments.

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 12:40 PM

My mom has been a trainer for them for 12yrs...lemme call and ask her?

dbldogdare
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I second that! They tried to recruit me to work for them and DH and I both got a bad feeling from them. He investigated and we did not like what he found. Sorry I'd try to get out of that one if I were you.

Quoting teri4lance:

citi is evil.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)