Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let your SO....

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:08 PM
  • 99 Replies

Do you let him tell you who you can or cannot hang out with?

With me, the only "rule" we have is that we don't hang out one-on-one with people of the opposite sex (family excluded)

it's linked, click it... you know you wanna!

Check out my Blog, where I review different products and services.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mstnbecki
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:12 PM

I dont "let " him but he does(included some family).

but I kinda do with him too

De_Chick
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:13 PM

No but we do consider each others feelings if someone either of us is hanging around is causing issues for us, which luckily has rarely happened in all the years we've been together. Mostly we are both homebodies who do things with each other or others together.

gfargas
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:13 PM

we have the same "rule" as you.. no one on one with opposite sex otherwise.. not really an issue

ff-princess
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:15 PM

what is with all these "do you LET your husband..."?  last time I checked, he was a grown man.  if we couldn't respect each other we wouldn't have gotten married, I had no desire to raise a husband.

MikeysMom51108

No, but if he felt uncomfortable with me hanging out with someone, I would respect that and not hang out with them. He would do the same for me. But, there's only one person for each of us that we don't hang out with--and they're for good reasons.

jillbailey26

Yep, us too.  Even then, it's not an issue, lol. 

Quoting gfargas:

we have the same "rule" as you.. no one on one with opposite sex otherwise.. not really an issue

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

mommymandaleigh
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I don't  let him do anything I am not his mom. We talk about things and if one of us has a problem we hear eachother out and decide from there. I don't want him hanging out with a female alone, but I trust him and I know if he did he would not betray me. It is the same way for him !!!

KandiceN
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:18 PM

No.  He can hang out with whom ever he wants, I can too.  If he hangs out with girls, it's really not an issue.  I know he goes to lunch with a female co-worker, alone *gasp* lol They've even gone on out of state business trips together.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 1:18 PM

lol no, he's my husband, not my daddy.

We trust each other implicitly.

Not.So.Virginal
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:19 PM

did you read the post, or just the title? I mean, it was 3 lines, I'm sure you can handle reading that... but I'll reword it for you.

Would you put up with your SO telling you who to hang out with?

Quoting ff-princess:

what is with all these "do you LET your husband..."?  last time I checked, he was a grown man.  if we couldn't respect each other we wouldn't have gotten married, I had no desire to raise a husband.

it's linked, click it... you know you wanna!

Check out my Blog, where I review different products and services.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)