Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please tell me what you think, especially moms of twins (PIOG) *pics*

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:48 PM
  • 31 Replies

i took this test when my period was 3 days late. it was due the 19th and i took this on the 22nd. the line on the left is the test line. i was just wondering if its normal to be that dark? i know for sure that i ovulated the 4th or 5th of may which would put me at 20 or 21 days DPO. what do you think? could it be twins?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
judybant
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Mine turned just as dark as that, and there was only one, very large baby in there... congrats!

46186mommyof4
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 1:49 PM

looks like two lines.

JustMe0326
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 1:49 PM

why would twins make the line darker? that sounds a little ridiculous to me and something I've never heard of....

fallnangel93
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:50 PM

All three of my pregnancy tests (one with each pregnancy) turned that dark..only one pregnancy was twins. And I tested early with all of them also.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

Kharma25
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:50 PM

How dark the lines are is no indication of whether it's twins or not.  However, it does appear that you are expecting at least one!  Congratulations!

threeeunder3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:51 PM

I don't think it's too dark to be a single pregnancy. You are more likely 7-8 weeks pregnant. You got impreginated  that long ago, based on your LMP

Sweet_Britt
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:51 PM

I think shes thinking its because the higher levels of hCG that twins produce!

However OP, no, dark lines are not an indication!

Quoting JustMe0326:

why would twins make the line darker? that sounds a little ridiculous to me and something I've never heard of....

Pregnancy%20ticker

KandiceN
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Congrats!!

Dark lines don't mean anything for twins though, just that you're pregnant!  Both mine were very very dark, and both were just singles!

audriesmommy

I doubt it is twins.  Usually with twins it would be that dark 5 days BEFORE your period was due.  Not after.  But then again there are moms of twins who did not get a positive until after their period.

Lea.Taylor

Mine did the same thing when I took that same test.  I tested positive before I missed my first pd, bc I knew something wasn't right with my body.  I didn't believe that it was a positive outcome, and ended up buying and taking a digital test which came out positive also.  I would say that you are pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)