Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hairy legs?!!! Maybe TMI for the overly sensitive.

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:53 PM
  • 15 Replies

Ok, I need some help. I don't really want to post this, but I'm tired of it. Every time I shave my legs it seems to grow back instantly. I've tried almost every razor on the market, from 1 blade to 5, and cannot get a close shave. I've even tried nair and veet. Veet breaks me out and nair does nothing. It doesn't work for me. I didn't have this problem before I had a child. I used to stay smooth for days. Now, as soon as I get out of the shower I have hard stubble again.

Has anyone else experienced this? What are some tricks? I'm so tired of having prickly legs. Please help me!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melame68
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:56 PM

shave in warm water or consider prof. waxing

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2010 at 1:57 PM

I use a men's Gillette Mach 3.  It does pretty well.  I have the same problem as you.  It seems to get worse with age.

Lea.Taylor
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I have found that the disposable venus razors work the best for me.  I can't remember which ones exctly that I use, but I do know the handle of it is orange, and they come in a pack of 3. 

jsphc1987
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I have the same problem lather lotion on and shave that way then shower and put more lotion on as soon as your out and it keeps your legs smooth for at least a day.

grumpybear0219
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:00 PM

perhaps use conditioner as a shave cream. it softens the hair and makes for a smooth shave.

Rychelle
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:00 PM

i have really darnk thick hair too.. it sucks.. a good shaving cream and a mens razor works well for me.. also a good moisterizer right after.. you should exfoliate too. and id say look into waxing.. it really helped me..

Sportbominable
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 2:01 PM

My aunt has had this problem her entire life. She shaves but you can see thick dots of stubble all over her legs. She has never been able to do anything about it. 

teresa06
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Im gonna try waxing my legs because I am the same way. I have to wait 21 days of growth before I use the wax though. So i still got another like 2 weeks to let my hair grow out. Im gonna be one hairy person and hope this waxing helps.

kansasmom1978
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:05 PM

waxing would probably work.  I use conditioner as a shaving cream.  I shave in the shower after I am done washing.  So my folicles are open. 

landontsmama08
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Tried it! :) It doesn't do any good. I've even switched shaving creams a thousand times. I've tried almost all of them. I get the worst razor burn no matter what I try and still have prickly legs.

Quoting grumpybear0219:

perhaps use conditioner as a shave cream. it softens the hair and makes for a smooth shave.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)